Old 04-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default The ol' critique my form thread

I recently recorded a cali round at Burchfield in Holt, MI playing shorts to shorts. Cut the video down to 5 mins of just my drives. Was pretty windy this day with gusts up to 25 or so. This round was below average. I think I finished -1 playing Cali when I usually finish -3 (average) playing a normal round. Still learning how to throw into the wind.

I would say I could get my drive out to 280-300 pretty much everytime in no wind. Tailwind I could probably do 300-330. Headwind 250-280. Longest drive ever was about 330 no wind and 375 in tailwind on flatground.

If you just want to view the youtube version its here.

I also have a direct link 75.2MB to the file if you're interested in slowing it down and viewing it in better quality. I know its really hard to slow it down in youtube, but using media player or VLC makes it easy to do so.

Been playing about 6 years, first 3 years I had 2 or 3 discs. This past year I have acquired a bag and I have about 40 discs now. Still trying to figure out what discs work for me but I have a general idea.

Any critique is welcome. Thank you for helping me out!
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Hfactor; 04-20-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,765 Times in 1,709 Posts

Your arm is always finishing low indicative of a lot of oat. Also looks like you aren't getting your elbow very far forward of the front shoulder. When you begin the transition into the forward swing your arm collapses against the chest and so the disc travels a rounded path instead of a straighter pull. Stand facing a wall as close as possible with a disc in hand and reachback and pull through without touching the wall. You will probably have to move your elbow forward to do that.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Your arm is always finishing low indicative of a lot of oat. Also looks like you aren't getting your elbow very far forward of the front shoulder. When you begin the transition into the forward swing your arm collapses against the chest and so the disc travels a rounded path instead of a straighter pull. Stand facing a wall as close as possible with a disc in hand and reachback and pull through without touching the wall. You will probably have to move your elbow forward to do that.
Thanks I never would have noticed this. Recorded myself driving a few times and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Looks like I got to do some drills to unlearn my bad technique. Hopefully I can hit 350 consistent this summer.