Old 05-18-2016, 10:36 PM

Courses Played: 8
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am not upset I am disappointed and slightly confused. I am disappointed because it is my birthday and I was extremely excited to order a whole bunch of MVP items. I am confused because I work in a sales driven environment and a sale is a sale be it either $500 or $5000. I also find it odd that they have a wholesale page and which is wide open for everyone to see. I understand that is does not say anyone can purchase wholesale but it also does not say that you cant. It just says you have to order a minimum order of 32 discs. If I were setting up there website I would have a Wholesale portal where they could log in and order using a web page and not through an excel spread sheet.

I really like throwing MVP discs and just wanted them all so I could try everything, but now I will just have to buy a few.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2016, 06:36 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 147 Times in 76 Posts

Set up a MVP Circuit. You can run the even and buy the stuff you wanted direct! Or talk to someone who is running a Circuit and see if you can dovetail in with their order.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:54 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,113 Times in 747 Posts

Im sure you can find a deal on a bulk order from a retail seller. Not going to be able to get at cost though. Maybe some Xout/misprints if a store stocks MVP deep.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:23 AM

Courses Played: 8
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will have to do some asking around and see what I can come up with.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:55 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,213 Times in 781 Posts

Our company is B2B only, and the website is the same as well, but you have to have a state resale(or LLC license if your state dosnt have sales tax) to order.

It can be confusing but it's all about legally covering their butts. Since you don't charge sales tax on B2B orders they can't let you order as a Wholesaler unless they are set up to do that. Which typically constitutes them having to have a separate business or affiliate that can process B2C orders.

Kind of stinks but it's common.

Good luck getting an order in!
Old 05-19-2016, 11:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 44
Niced 669 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Our company is B2B only, and the website is the same as well, but you have to have a state resale(or LLC license if your state dosnt have sales tax) to order.

It can be confusing but it's all about legally covering their butts. Since you don't charge sales tax on B2B orders they can't let you order as a Wholesaler unless they are set up to do that. Which typically constitutes them having to have a separate business or affiliate that can process B2C orders.

Kind of stinks but it's common.

Good luck getting an order in!
Bingo! Sales tax is probably the biggest problem legally. Granted there are still businesses that don't charge sales tax when selling online, but it's getting rarer now that the big boys like Amazon have caved. You are on pretty shaky legal ground if you're not. Given that MVP doesn't sell direct at all, they probably don't have any controls in place to handle and pay sales tax for the various states.

As far as having the information and order forms on their website, why not? There are potentially thousands of retailers ordering from them. Why would they go to all the expense of maintaining some sort of login page system just for that information? They'd have to have some way to sign up which would involve verifying the business customer, and they'd have to maintain it. That's expensive for something that they really don't need to do at all.

Maybe if the system were integrated with their stock tracking and financial systems so that retailers could just order online and have it automatically update all the relevant databases, it could be worth it, but integrating those sorts of systems is also generally expensive. Until they were getting enough wholesale orders to warrant something like that, it wouldn't be worth the expense. Even Innova does the same thing in terms of an online site with order forms to download for dealers, and they are probably taking an order of magnitude more orders than MVP.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:24 PM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Niced 126 Times in 64 Posts

I'd recommend DiscGolfWholesale.com for non-vendor wholesale purchases. When I was part of that team the minimum was a $250 order, small markup from factory direct wholesale pricing.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 21
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Between Plasma Waves and Photons, the Defy, Octane and upcoming Catalyst my bag is getting all jacked up.

On the plus side I love the idea of finally being able to do an all MVP bag but it's like all my high speed drivers are in a blender. I don't know what that part of my bag will look like in a month.

And that doesn't even count the circuit discs.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:47 AM
FROLF OFF!

Stupid rain. Order comes in anytime via UPS and im itching to test out these new high speederz.

Guess it might be a soggy test session fuxit.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:22 PM
FROLF OFF!

New ovemold material has definitely improved on durability which is great to see in these new high speed drivers. Reminds me of the OG indestructible blends from previous old runs pre-axiom..
Closed Thread