Old 05-25-2016, 04:09 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
New ovemold material has definitely improved on durability which is great to see in these new high speed drivers. Reminds me of the OG indestructible blends from previous old runs pre-axiom..
I dont' even want to throw my old mvp/axiom since the new stuff is way better
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2016, 09:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,904 Times in 2,567 Posts

Moose you get your hands on one of these Nitros yet? I want to see you bombing FHs with one of these....
Old 06-02-2016, 10:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,410 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Haha, I'll make a video.

Pick some discs you'd want to see it thrown against.
I have;
Ape
Force
Stiletto
Scythe
Rask

That would all be fairly comparable.
Do you have a first run Rask? If you do, yes I want to see that!
Old 06-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,212 Times in 781 Posts

I do and have one good take down on it! Just need another day to get some more footage.

I don't have a Nitro yet. Trying to get some funds together!
Old 06-05-2016, 02:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 24
Niced 84 Times in 61 Posts

Is there a problem with eclipse glow amps? I got a misprint one and this thing is a meat hook. No turn, hard fade. If I throw it backhand straight overhead it manages to still flatten and fade instead of rolling.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:39 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 133
Niced 781 Times in 412 Posts

Apologies if there is a better thread for this question... Search isn't working well on my phone.

So, I have a Proxy and love it... Went discing with a three disc setup but lost both an Eagle and an Avenger SS to the jungle-like shule. So, pro-shop on site... I bought a Volt to replace the Eagle and an Inspire for the Avenger SS...
The Volt feels great and I can use it in this slot... The Inspire feels nothing like the Avenger SS... Flight chart looked right...

So what did I do wrong and what would have been a better choice? TIA
Old 06-06-2016, 09:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,641 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noill Golf View Post
Apologies if there is a better thread for this question... Search isn't working well on my phone.

So, I have a Proxy and love it... Went discing with a three disc setup but lost both an Eagle and an Avenger SS to the jungle-like shule. So, pro-shop on site... I bought a Volt to replace the Eagle and an Inspire for the Avenger SS...
The Volt feels great and I can use it in this slot... The Inspire feels nothing like the Avenger SS... Flight chart looked right...

So what did I do wrong and what would have been a better choice? TIA
The Inertia or Virus might have been a better stand in for AvSS. The Inspire is marketed as being more US than it really is. The Relay is a much better driver.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:27 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,113 Times in 747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
The Inertia or Virus might have been a better stand in for AvSS. The Inspire is marketed as being more US than it really is. The Relay is a much better driver.
Yep. Actually the Insanity is right between the inertia (valk-ish) and virus-- being very US.

From stable to US (10 speeds):
Inertia
Insanity
Impulse
Virus

Inspire is had a seasoned Teebird kind of flight and never did much for me either. I had beat up craves I liked and the inspire didn't offer much. Switch was fun but the relay has taken that spot all together as a workable woods driver similar to how people use a leopard. One of my favorite MVP discs to come out really.

Vanish/Wave would be like a faster avenger SS if you are looking for some easy D and don't mind a 11-12 speed rim. 160's go boom! Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwindacatcher View Post
Is there a problem with eclipse glow amps? I got a misprint one and this thing is a meat hook. No turn, hard fade. If I throw it backhand straight overhead it manages to still flatten and fade instead of rolling.
Early flat run s of the proton cores (doesn't matter OM) tend to be a little more OS vs the new plasma with a slight dome and retooled mold like the volt has gone through. Amps in general are not really all that US even when I throw them 350'+. They have high speed turn but not an easy roller disc. Are you 100% sure its an amp and not a volt? check the tooling.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 06-06-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

The Inspire is definitely a more stable disc than marketed, which is sad, because it's also a great disc if you let it do it's thing. It reminds me more of a slightly more stable Valkyrie than anything else. I love it for what it does either way. Controlled anny for sure. I hit chains with it on hole 8 at Lakeside at Selah on Saturday. It splashed out, but still, the disc did exactly what I wanted it to. It's also great for a nice small S when needed through tight fairways.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 24
Niced 84 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post

Early flat run s of the proton cores (doesn't matter OM) tend to be a little more OS vs the new plasma with a slight dome and retooled mold like the volt has gone through. Amps in general are not really all that US even when I throw them 350'+. They have high speed turn but not an easy roller disc. Are you 100% sure its an amp and not a volt? check the tooling.
while I'm not 100% as it is a misprint, it says amp. It's triple stamped amp, merry Christmas, and anode.

And I wasn't necessary trying to take a good roller shot, but really any disc thrown rhbh at 12 o'clock should hit the ground to roll, if poorly.

The flight is nice on the disc. I can find a use for it, but I bought it hoping to replace my old beat up and lost roadrunner. Probably not the best choice for it anyway, but I wanted something US and the amp was there.

I might just need to get another, thay isn't a misprint.
Closed Thread