Old 10-11-2017, 02:00 PM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 344
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 254 Times in 142 Posts

I love dogs. Absolutely love them. I spoil the bejeezus out of mine. But I don't want them on the course unless they're full leashed and offer no disturbance.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2017, 03:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 176 Times in 84 Posts

^ Stardoggies don't belong on disc golf forums
Old 10-11-2017, 03:41 PM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 344
Niced 254 Times in 142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
^ Stardoggies don't belong on disc golf forums
That's probably mostly true. Especially inebriated stardoggies.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-11-2017, 04:55 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 218 Times in 182 Posts

I’ve had a mixed bag with this. I love my dog, but only bring her for casual rounds in parks that allow dogs. She stays on the leash, loves people, is ambivilant of other dogs and doesn’t like things thrown at her, so she’s a good course buddy. Wouldn’t bring her to a serious round, or a new course though.

I don’t know what it is but most animals and children like me, if a dog is around they often want to be my friend. Which can make things awkward if their owners don’t handle them properly on the course. A good dog on a leash is fine, if you poo bags, and water for your pet that’s cool.

If your a bad pet owner don’t bring the pooch. You will have a bad time and so will everyone else.

If the course doesn’t allow pets, don’t be that guy.

In GA most places have leash laws, so you can be fined for being irresponsible and if your dog is aggressive people will call.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 146
Niced 160 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I’ve had a mixed bag with this. I love my dog, but only bring her for casual rounds in parks that allow dogs. She stays on the leash, loves people, is ambivilant of other dogs and doesn’t like things thrown at her, so she’s a good course buddy. Wouldn’t bring her to a serious round, or a new course though.

I don’t know what it is but most animals and children like me, if a dog is around they often want to be my friend. Which can make things awkward if their owners don’t handle them properly on the course. A good dog on a leash is fine, if you poo bags, and water for your pet that’s cool.

If your a bad pet owner don’t bring the pooch. You will have a bad time and so will everyone else.

If the course doesn’t allow pets, don’t be that guy.

In GA most places have leash laws, so you can be fined for being irresponsible and if your dog is aggressive people will call.
Good points but do you actually think the bad pet owners know they are bad pet owners? You know just like the way everyone thinks they are a good driver even though a great many are not.

Reminds me of an internet thing I saw the other day saying "Tomorrow is smack your annoying co-worker day. If you don't know who it is, you should probably stay home."
Old 10-11-2017, 06:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 250
Niced 526 Times in 317 Posts

I love dogs. I actually enjoy having them on the course, and will usually stop to pet one if the owner says it's OK.
Dogs aren't the problem. People are.

Tip of the cap to Monocacy for making far too much sense here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
This issue should not be so difficult or divisive.

We as dog owners are responsible for training, socializing, and picking up after our dogs. We are absolutely responsible for making sure that our dogs do not run up to strangers on the course. You may know that your dog is friendly, but others do not.

Yelling “Don’t worry, he’s friendly!” as your off-leash dog bounds towards a terrified family is completely unacceptable. Having a strange dog running towards you can be extremely scary for someone who has previously had a bad experience with dogs. Even seeing an off-leash dog at a distance can trigger a fear reaction in some people.

For those who do not own dogs or who choose not to bring their dogs to the course, I respectfully request that you be tolerant of those of us who do, as long as we the dog owners act responsibly. Acting responsibly includes, of course, respecting local laws and not bringing dogs to places where dogs are not allowed.

I know this is the internet and we are supposed to argue but there has to be some common ground here.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 140
Niced 139 Times in 82 Posts

I was a FedEx driver for 30 years, and in that time I encountered many, many, MANY dogs. Don't completely trust someone that tells you their dog doesn't bite. I was bitten 4 or 5 times after being told that. That said, I love dogs and I like being around them. I will also add that pit bulls were often the nicest, sweetest dogs I would come across. The mean ones obviously let you know right away. Small dogs were always the worst.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 250
Niced 526 Times in 317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
Small dogs were always the worst.
Love dogs ...not a fan of small dogs.
Dogs bark. If it yaps, it's not really a dog. If you want a small pet, cats are infinitely cooler than yappy dogs.

If you like small dogs, enjoy. I just don't feel the need to pet them like I do dog-sized dogs.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 10-11-2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:44 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 206
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 436 Times in 248 Posts

Small dogs were generally bred for some pretty ferocious tasks. It's no wonder they're often aggressive. It seems like most small dog owners don't think they need disciplined. They're the worst. Except Dachshunds. Dachshunds are awesome.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:17 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 35 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Small dogs were generally bred for some pretty ferocious tasks. It's no wonder they're often aggressive. It seems like most small dog owners don't think they need disciplined. They're the worst. Except Dachshunds. Dachshunds are awesome.
Yep, they're small so they're not dangerous. In general, this seems to be pretty common of small dog owners. Especially, it seems, Chihuahuas.