Old 03-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 45 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz58 View Post
I can sympathize over the shoulder issues. I have both mine dislocated from years ago (not from a bike crash however) and really threw my right one out attempting to launch FH off a 1st tee trying to show off some new found distance the summer before last. That ended my FH throwing forever if I want to keep playing. Things don't heal anymore when you're about to turn 60!
Ouch! I am a weak forehand thrower. Only barely past 40. I just want to get back into decent shape. I gave up on throwing really far a long time ago! A touch game can also be fun!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2018, 11:09 PM

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

...when you google maps your local practice field for 30 min to measure off distance just to make sure your not hallucinating when it says your throwing 350+ ft.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-04-2018, 07:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 67
Niced 413 Times in 196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
My buddy Troy had knee surgery 12 days ago. He's in a locking brace he can walk in, but is forbidden to throw (it's his plant foot side). Had to go out today, even if I threw a second set "for" him. "He" beat "me" by three strokes!
He probably foot faulted repeatedly.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-29-2018, 02:10 PM
Independent Operator*

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 453
Niced 372 Times in 149 Posts

Part of being addicted to disc golf is when you are watching TV, you see a beautiful park and think: "That would be a nice place for a disc golf course." And then bam, you see a target in the background. This appears to be Kenneth Hahn DGC in Los Angeles.

From a recent AARP commercial:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (127).jpg (90.6 KB, 74 views)

Old 03-29-2018, 08:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 228 Times in 172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discette View Post
Part of being addicted to disc golf is when you are watching TV, you see a beautiful park and think: "That would be a nice place for a disc golf course." And then bam, you see a target in the background. This appears to be Kenneth Hahn DGC in Los Angeles.

From a recent AARP commercial:
I was thinking that while watching Wrinkle in Time. I've thought that about certain places I've been too. Sometimes, I can just imagine the hole(s).
Old 10-11-2018, 02:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 2,135 Times in 1,207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
...when you try to locate baskets in the landscape pics on the Windows10 login screen.
I just caught myself doing this again...
Old 10-11-2018, 07:09 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 220 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolfy View Post
....When you get someones entire family into disc golf, and they go out more than you.

I have a funny little story about this.

When we built our course, nobody in the organization had any idea what DG was. I got a ton of questions from accounts payable regarding purchases, had to explain at length what it was etc for just about everything.

Our head of accounting was an older lady named Mary. Really nice woman, on the heavier side and in her late 50s Id say. I convinced her to give it a try since she lived right next to the course and walks her dog a lot and gave her the 107 gram leopard I got for my kids to learn with since you need 0 arm speed to work it.

Within two weeks she had a bag, a stack of plastic that made mine look legit sad and baskets at the house. She is out literally every day on the course with her little dog and her husband and they are BEYOND OBSESSED. She ended up leaving the company a few months ago but I still see her out there a lot.

Fast forward a few months- I was watching Worlds a few weeks ago and Barsby made a sick drive on I believe 11 or 12 on the woods course and sent it past the green and into the crowd... Who do I see running for safety? Freakin Mary! I had to rewind it and pause the video, it really was her! I was blown away.

I thought I was obsessed and I clearly am, but sweet little old Mary has got me beat by a mile and it warms my heard to its cold, black cockles. Every time I see her out there or hear a story about her travels I feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:30 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 17 Times in 14 Posts

You know you're addicted when....

You spend a weekend at Sandy Point.
All 29 were open for play, and 20a, and 20b are both great additions.

Niced: (1)