Old 12-25-2014, 09:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicweed View Post
That's what I'm wondering. I really love my Nova, but I've heard some people say the P1X kicked their Nova out of the bag. I use my Nova for straight/turnover drives and approaches so I'm wondering how the P1X does in those roles over time. Specifically the X-line.
I've been using my X almost exclusively for approaches and short tee shots the past couple weeks and its really starting to fly like a regular P1 but with a more comfortable feel in the hand. With the wear I've put on it it still holds up to some power but now will every so slowly try to roll out of a hyzer. 5 or 10 degrees of tilt generally keeps it laser straight, any more and I get a beautiful soft hyzer, any less and I can get smooth annys. The little fade it started with is slowly starting to wear away as well.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2014, 11:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 19
Niced 440 Times in 237 Posts

Should be getting mine in the mail today.

I kind of hope I hate them, otherwise I'll want more.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 19
Niced 440 Times in 237 Posts

I don't hate them. Crap.
Got two x-out x-lines. They feel awesome...kind of like a smaller Yeti. Interesting though that the x-line is definitely softer than the XT Aviar p&as that I've got.

Little bit of garage putting with the blue one and it's pretty much what you guys are saying. Glidey and straight, less fade than a Yeti. It seems to float/glide a bit more than the XT Aviar too, which I like. I could swap these in as my putters immediately.

So now we have to spam discmania to run more concave ones.

And I have to find someone to trade this unthrown 175g red one to. Any other color...even down to 170. I just don't like red. (I know, I know...I'll post in the MP eventually.)
Old 12-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 22 Times in 17 Posts

Hit basket with my x line today and am really really loving it for upshots. I can't wait for it to beat in a little and straighten right out.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:48 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I got mine today too. I only spent about 10min putting with them, but definitely what I was hoping for. Still had a little fade at the end, but not nearly as harsh as the Yetis that I normally putt with. And I also took them out to the park for some tosses. Really impressed with the neutral flight, even with me trying to crank on it and trying to turn it over...

I just find it hard to believe that Discmania wouldn't want to continue making these Puddle Tops!
Old 12-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any word on whether the X outs will appear again. Also, I have been putting with and throwing the X's Do the D's have the puddle top and is it just standard DX?
Old 12-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

From what I've read (a few pages ago, in this thread), the D-line P1x does not have a Puddle Top. Only the X-line.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 35
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Bit the bullet and put in an order for two max weight X-lines. Over the last year I realized I was more of a flat/anhyzer putter than I was a hyzer putter. If these don't work out as a straighter putter than my McPro Aviars, I'll turn then into straight/anhyzer approach discs. Win-win.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 133
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmer2303 View Post
Any word on whether the X outs will appear again. Also, I have been putting with and throwing the X's Do the D's have the puddle top and is it just standard DX?
Im not sure what you mean by standard dx as that blend changes a bit from run to run, but the d p1xs are similar feeling to the first run D-P2s that a lot of discmania pros, including Jussi, putt with. Pliable, but not floppy soft by any stretch of the imagination. I havent used them in hot weather yet, but they dont seem to be softening up too quickly on me. I should have a good opportunity to test them tomorrow in warm weather.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcplease View Post
Im not sure what you mean by standard dx as that blend changes a bit from run to run, but the d p1xs are similar feeling to the first run D-P2s that a lot of discmania pros, including Jussi, putt with. Pliable, but not floppy soft by any stretch of the imagination. I havent used them in hot weather yet, but they dont seem to be softening up too quickly on me. I should have a good opportunity to test them tomorrow in warm weather.
Thank you. I've never meshed this quickly with a putter, and right now, the xline is working great. I putt on a mild hyzer, and thee hold that line a tick longer, and that makes a big difference.