Old 06-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default DD2 Frenzy

Sorry guys, I tried searching (although I will admit not as thoroughly as I possible could've) but the search terms are somewhat tricky due to the name of the disc.

What is the overall feeling towards this warp-speed driver? I like the sound of being the lovechild of a Boss and Katana but what experiences have people had with it? There hasn't seemed to be much of a buzz on here surrounding the discs so I'm presuming reviews to not be especially positive.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I carry one in my bag but only use it for fun second shots. It's got just enough turn and fade that it ends up being pretty straight. Although I'll be the first to admit I don't have the arm to get it up to speed.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you Violets. Anyone else? Apologies for the bump.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 29
Niced 92 Times in 59 Posts

i picked up a 160 blizzard and ive been liking it alot so far. has some turn but not alot. its very straight with a good fade at the end. i have yet to throw my heavier s line or my lighter 149 bliz dd2 but i will soon enough. i never have liked the bosss but this feels better to me in my hand than that or the katana and is just right in between the two.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have 2 both 175 DD2:s one is red and super flippy "Katana-like" and the other Blue über-stabel "Boss-like". Both is in star plastic or S-Line as Discmania calls it.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

I have a 175 C-line yellow DD2 that I use for long smooth hyzers until the other night at my house when I was throwing around I cranked on it an got it out to 440' dead straight until it clipped the top of a pine tree top! That would have been my longest throw ever!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

These have been my new primary driver in the last few weeks. My primary one is a 171g Clear C-Line. I also have a 171 Yellow S-Line and a 172 Yellow P-line.

These replaced Nukes in my bag. I felt they had a similar flight for me at about 375-400 feet of power. The C and the S are pretty similar. I throw them on a hyzer and they will flip flat and carry. the P-Line will flip past flat a bit off a hyzer. I found that they gave me better distance more consistently than the Z-Nukes they replaced either because they had a touch more glide or the narrower profile made the disc more aerodynamic. Also, despite the fact that they do turn a bit, they have a surprisingly healthy low speed fade. For that reason, I've really liked them for sweeping hyzers. If you can throw them on a hyzer and get them to turn just short of flat they will carry left for a LOOOOONG way.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 77
Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default dd2

I have a 175 s-line dd2. Its not quite as fast as my nukes and it has just a tad more turn than my nuke so mine may be a little more understable than most but its a pretty good disc.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just bought one of these and I was blown away. a 175 c line pink that is Nuke OS overstable! do I just need to beat this thing in, or did I get in over my head.. Maybe I'm throwing it wrong after reading the above statement about putting it on a hyzer. I have only tried to throw it straight, and make it flip. There is NO flipping, and I think I don't have near the power for this disc. -2 hss? NO WAY!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 97
Niced 30 Times in 17 Posts

Apoth pretty much nailed it. These things just flat out bomb. I still haven't thrown another disc as far as the DD2. My personal best. Beat in an S-line and you'll be happy. The disc doesn't get much hype but that's just the nature of things DG related. If Ricky or Will say that they are awesome everyone would buy a few. Its a very solid mold. Try it for yourself and see what it does for you.