Old 10-17-2019, 07:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 124 Times in 80 Posts

Sticking with the Banzai is paying off. After breaking in the hss is still excellent but the fade occurs much later.
The penetration in headwinds is much better than I thought it would be.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-27-2019, 09:19 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 56 Times in 27 Posts

Quick question about these since I've been disappointed in the one I have.

I bought a (used, but not very much) SP Special Edition Banzai from a used bin. It is stickered 175-176. By the numbers (8,5,0,3) this thing should be a baby firebird (which is what I want). Currently this fills the gap between my Undertakers and my Firebird, but the one I have is barely more OS than my Undertakers. I can't trust it the HSS for forehands(my form is bad, but not that bad). I'd rate the one I have as 8,5,-0.5, 2.

I love the feel of the disc, and I just want to know if a new one is going to be more overstable for me. DGA has great deals on these this week. Is the ProLine more overstable than the SP run?
Old 11-27-2019, 09:20 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 33 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatPaco View Post

I bought a (used, but not very much) SP Special Edition Banzai from a used bin. It is stickered 175-176. By the numbers (8,5,0,3) this thing should be a baby firebird (which is what I want). Currently this fills the gap between my Undertakers and my Firebird, but the one I have is barely more OS than my Undertakers. I can't trust it the HSS for forehands(my form is bad, but not that bad). I'd rate the one I have as 8,5,-0.5, 2.

I love the feel of the disc, and I just want to know if a new one is going to be more overstable for me. DGA has great deals on these this week. Is the ProLine more overstable than the SP run?
I only have a sample size of 1, but my max weight proline is true to the #s

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2019, 11:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 134 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:

I have an SP and a proline. I think that the proline is a little bit more HSS. I don't find these discs to be anything like a "baby firebird". They are more of a workhorse fairway that can do everything. Stable enough to hold a hyzer but neutral enough not to fight out of an anny too quickly.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:35 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzer Ale View Post
I have an SP and a proline. I think that the proline is a little bit more HSS. I don't find these discs to be anything like a "baby firebird". They are more of a workhorse fairway that can do everything. Stable enough to hold a hyzer but neutral enough not to fight out of an anny too quickly.
Okay, great. Would you say it is similar to a Thunderbird in stability? From what I'm seeing and hearing, I got a flippy one. I'm hoping that's the case because I love the feel of these, just wish it was a tick more stable.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 82
Niced 134 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Okay, great. Would you say it is similar to a Thunderbird in stability? From what I'm seeing and hearing, I got a flippy one. I'm hoping that's the case because I love the feel of these, just wish it was a tick more stable.
Thunderbird is a pretty good comparison. The Banzai is a little slower and a little less HSS. Grab a max weight proline, if that isn't stable enough you may be more interested in a disc like the Anax.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-02-2019, 08:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,562 Times in 778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzer Ale View Post

This is what I'm hoping to see. Ordered 3 PL Banzai this weekend - 2 max weight at 1 168-170. The undertaker has been my workhorse for a couple seasons now but I've been interested enough to grab a couple on black Friday. Best case scenario - the Banzai is a little more "in between" the stabilities of my beat predators and pipelines. The undertaker leans just a little to the stable/understable side of the spectrum for me, which is kind of where you describe the banzai as well.

Looking at the specs, if I get similar flight with a little more glide (21.1 diameter for the undertaker vs 21.4 diameter for the banzai) that would make me pretty happy. I'm pretty invested in undertakers but tend to lean to discs that are slightly larger diameter and have more glide
Old 12-02-2019, 08:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 124 Times in 80 Posts

I'm currently using X Undertakers, Z Undertakers and an SP Banzai. The Undertakers and The Banzai work well together.
If I dropped the Banzai I would go back to the Thunderbird.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:42 PM
Bogey Member

Got my ProLine in, it flies just a tick more overstable (HSS and LSS) than my SP line. Looks like my fairway lineup will be

Champ Firebird
PL Banzai
SP Banzai
Ti Undertaker(fresh)
Ti Undertaker(beat)

The Banzais are a tad redundant and the SP may make it's way out of the bag, but we will see. I like the undertaker but it just doesnt hold up in the wind.

Backhands with the Banzais are exactly what I was wanting (Shorter less power hungry Thunderbird, a great hyzer disc for my INT arm), but the forehands are a bit tricky. Unlike the firebird (obviously), these will ride left on a forehand flex. If you give them space they will come back, but it isnt very quickly. There is a fine line with this disc between flexing it over and hyzering it out. Once I master that I think these should be a great fairway for me.

Niced: (1)

Old 01-11-2020, 05:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 199
Niced 972 Times in 610 Posts

Hey Banzai peeps. How does the Banzai compare to the Vulture? Is it noticeably slower? How's the beef? (Specifically P-line Banzai to Big Z Vulture, if you know)