#81  
Old 11-28-2019, 08:42 PM
Emoney's Avatar
Emoney Emoney is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,338
Niced 608 Times in 314 Posts
Default

Just popped in to say im digging the Quake. I have a first flight proline and its been MONEY. I have been loving it for Forehands. It has more glide than you expect and is workable ,while still being consistently overstable.

I just need something between my Quake and Rift. Any suggestions?
(I honestly should just remember i have an Envy and throw that)
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-21-2020, 10:35 PM
Echota Echota is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Baltimore,MD
Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 33
Niced 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Recently discovered how awesome DGA is. Loving the Steady BL for putting. I'm looking to fill the OS mid spot in my bag. Something that I can forehand and backhand. I just got an MD4 and I'm not liking it so far. Its diameter is too wide and its not feeling right in my hand. I currently have 2 Buzzz's for str8 to turnover shots. Considering a Quake or a Buzzz OS for the OS mid slot now . Anyone here have experience throwing both? I was told the Quake is the OS mid the Buzzz OS wishes it could be.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 08-25-2020, 04:35 PM
Hyzer Ale's Avatar
Hyzer Ale Hyzer Ale is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 926
Niced 134 Times in 77 Posts
Default

I just got a pair of the new Granite Quakes that they made for Ledgestone. I really hope that they produce more of these. They are still really high speed stable but start to fade much later in their flight than the premium versions. I can throw my proline and SP Quakes around 280-300 consistently but these Granite ones flying 325+ for me. They are fairly stiff and also really grippy. I feel like these are a perfect mid to cycle.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-25-2020, 06:53 PM
Emoney's Avatar
Emoney Emoney is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,338
Niced 608 Times in 314 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzer Ale View Post
I just got a pair of the new Granite Quakes that they made for Ledgestone. I really hope that they produce more of these. They are still really high speed stable but start to fade much later in their flight than the premium versions. I can throw my proline and SP Quakes around 280-300 consistently but these Granite ones flying 325+ for me. They are fairly stiff and also really grippy. I feel like these are a perfect mid to cycle.
I wish these would be production run...i cant pay 20$ for a borderline base plastic disc.

I have 4 FF prolines that should last me a while but iam really tempted to get one of these(for the right price)
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-25-2020, 07:05 PM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,176
Niced 2,530 Times in 1,013 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzer Ale View Post
I just got a pair of the new Granite Quakes that they made for Ledgestone. I really hope that they produce more of these. They are still really high speed stable but start to fade much later in their flight than the premium versions. I can throw my proline and SP Quakes around 280-300 consistently but these Granite ones flying 325+ for me. They are fairly stiff and also really grippy. I feel like these are a perfect mid to cycle.
Ooooohhh I had someone pick one of these up at Ledgestone...now I am REALLY looking forward to giving a few tosses.


Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-25-2020, 07:21 PM
Moonshine Moonshine is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 927
Niced 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
I wish these would be production run...i cant pay 20$ for a borderline base plastic disc.

I have 4 FF prolines that should last me a while but iam really tempted to get one of these(for the right price)
I agree with your sentiment, but I bought two anyway I think we'll eventually see them run in D-Line as a production run, but they've yet to run any of their mids in Granite plastic as a regular production run.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-25-2020, 08:01 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,710
Niced 1,489 Times in 769 Posts
Default

I've never considered the Quake as a cycling candidate, it's an OS bookend for me. I guess you could beat a D line pretty straight but you'd be throwing a pretty thrashed disc at that point. I won't dabble in mid grade plastic $20 discs that will never be production runs, like the JB Wasps.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-25-2020, 09:56 PM
Moonshine Moonshine is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 927
Niced 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I've never considered the Quake as a cycling candidate, it's an OS bookend for me. I guess you could beat a D line pretty straight but you'd be throwing a pretty thrashed disc at that point. I won't dabble in mid grade plastic $20 discs that will never be production runs, like the JB Wasps.
Come on, where is your sense of adventure!?
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 08-25-2020, 10:19 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,710
Niced 1,489 Times in 769 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Come on, where is your sense of adventure!?
I might pay $20 for the JB Wasps if I was confident that they'd be reasonably available, Wasp is definitely a cycling candidate. I still think the Quake is too OS to cycle.
Reply With Quote
 

  #90  
Old 08-25-2020, 10:23 PM
Moonshine Moonshine is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 927
Niced 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I might pay $20 for the JB Wasps if I was confident that they'd be reasonably available, Wasp is definitely a cycling candidate. I still think the Quake is too OS to cycle.
I'd say the Granite Quakes are roughly equivalent to a premium plastic Wasp. I definitely agree that premium plastic Quakes would be difficult (impossible) for a normal person to cycle.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
overstable midrange GRidge Discs 49 03-24-2013 08:10 PM
Best Overstable Midrange? JFink2011 Discs 112 12-20-2011 12:01 PM
Overstable Midrange??? birdman101 Discs 84 06-05-2011 11:07 PM
Overstable Midrange?? waynewf Discs 32 06-29-2009 12:21 PM
Most Overstable Midrange? willstradamus Discs 43 03-23-2009 02:55 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.