Old 11-28-2019, 08:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 608 Times in 314 Posts

Just popped in to say im digging the Quake. I have a first flight proline and its been MONEY. I have been loving it for Forehands. It has more glide than you expect and is workable ,while still being consistently overstable.

I just need something between my Quake and Rift. Any suggestions?
(I honestly should just remember i have an Envy and throw that)
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-21-2020, 10:35 PM

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 12
Niced 9 Times in 5 Posts

Recently discovered how awesome DGA is. Loving the Steady BL for putting. I'm looking to fill the OS mid spot in my bag. Something that I can forehand and backhand. I just got an MD4 and I'm not liking it so far. Its diameter is too wide and its not feeling right in my hand. I currently have 2 Buzzz's for str8 to turnover shots. Considering a Quake or a Buzzz OS for the OS mid slot now . Anyone here have experience throwing both? I was told the Quake is the OS mid the Buzzz OS wishes it could be.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 82
Niced 134 Times in 77 Posts

I just got a pair of the new Granite Quakes that they made for Ledgestone. I really hope that they produce more of these. They are still really high speed stable but start to fade much later in their flight than the premium versions. I can throw my proline and SP Quakes around 280-300 consistently but these Granite ones flying 325+ for me. They are fairly stiff and also really grippy. I feel like these are a perfect mid to cycle.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 81
Niced 608 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzer Ale View Post
I just got a pair of the new Granite Quakes that they made for Ledgestone. I really hope that they produce more of these. They are still really high speed stable but start to fade much later in their flight than the premium versions. I can throw my proline and SP Quakes around 280-300 consistently but these Granite ones flying 325+ for me. They are fairly stiff and also really grippy. I feel like these are a perfect mid to cycle.
I wish these would be production run...i cant pay 20$ for a borderline base plastic disc.

I have 4 FF prolines that should last me a while but iam really tempted to get one of these(for the right price)
Old 08-25-2020, 07:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 92
Niced 2,530 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzer Ale View Post
Ooooohhh I had someone pick one of these up at Ledgestone...now I am REALLY looking forward to giving a few tosses.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 40 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
I wish these would be production run...i cant pay 20$ for a borderline base plastic disc.

I have 4 FF prolines that should last me a while but iam really tempted to get one of these(for the right price)
I agree with your sentiment, but I bought two anyway I think we'll eventually see them run in D-Line as a production run, but they've yet to run any of their mids in Granite plastic as a regular production run.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-25-2020, 08:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1,489 Times in 769 Posts

I've never considered the Quake as a cycling candidate, it's an OS bookend for me. I guess you could beat a D line pretty straight but you'd be throwing a pretty thrashed disc at that point. I won't dabble in mid grade plastic $20 discs that will never be production runs, like the JB Wasps.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:56 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I've never considered the Quake as a cycling candidate, it's an OS bookend for me. I guess you could beat a D line pretty straight but you'd be throwing a pretty thrashed disc at that point. I won't dabble in mid grade plastic $20 discs that will never be production runs, like the JB Wasps.
Come on, where is your sense of adventure!?
Old 08-25-2020, 10:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1,489 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Come on, where is your sense of adventure!?
I might pay $20 for the JB Wasps if I was confident that they'd be reasonably available, Wasp is definitely a cycling candidate. I still think the Quake is too OS to cycle.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:23 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I might pay $20 for the JB Wasps if I was confident that they'd be reasonably available, Wasp is definitely a cycling candidate. I still think the Quake is too OS to cycle.
I'd say the Granite Quakes are roughly equivalent to a premium plastic Wasp. I definitely agree that premium plastic Quakes would be difficult (impossible) for a normal person to cycle.