Old 10-29-2019, 10:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,144 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:
Can you please answer these questions about your league:
1. Do you have an actual agreement in place with the course ownership (I assume parks dept) to hold leagues at the course in question?

2. Does this agreement allow you to close the course for leagues?
Quote:
Yes to both questions, but we don't close the course and we accommodate non-league golfers.
This is part of the source of contention here- most places do not allow for closing the course for league play...hell, many places don't technically allow it for PDGA events.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-29-2019, 10:43 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 36
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 81 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatRedDude View Post
I would venture to guess you don't close the course because you can't. If you're in a public park you are dead wrong plain and simple.

Unless you are shelling out money to rent the park and shut it down you have no more right to play there then they do.

Open a private course and you can do whatever you please, in a public space you will have to deal with casuals. Love your dedication to trying to make everyone believe you are right though.
You are 100% wrong. We have a written agreement with the parks department reserving the course for club use during league.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:46 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
This is part of the source of contention here- most places do not allow for closing the course for league play...hell, many places don't technically allow it for PDGA events.
We don't close the course for league play, because we don't need to, but we are allowed to close it. The course is definitely closed to all outside play during PDGA events. Players are sent to neighboring courses if they show up during a PDGA event.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:54 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 271 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
We do have the course reserved for the league every week. It has been mentioned numerous times.
In all of your pontificating about respect and the world these days, you never mentioned this nugget of information in this thread.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.7
Courses Played: 95
Niced 979 Times in 375 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklc View Post
In all of your pontificating about respect and the world these days, you never mentioned this nugget of information in this thread.
He, uh....well he just....uh.

HE FORGOT!!! OK!!!

Old 10-29-2019, 11:06 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklc View Post
I mentioned it numerous times. Just seemed no one believed me that we have the course reserved with the ability to close it if necessary. It has never been necessary though. I would also wager that except for this one instance, we treat non-league players with as much respect as anyone else in the disc golf community.

As for this thread, I still think Weema is a self entitled d***** for entering these tourneys. It shows a complete lack of respect for his competitors. Any other 700-800 rated players who insist on playing as a pro...ditto.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:13 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 271 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
I mentioned it numerous times. Just seemed no one believed me that we have the course reserved with the ability to close it if necessary. It has never been necessary though. I would also wager that except for this one instance, we treat non-league players with as much respect as anyone else in the disc golf community.

As for this thread, I still think Weema is a self entitled d***** for entering these tourneys. It shows a complete lack of respect for his competitors. Any other 700-800 rated players who insist on playing as a pro...ditto.
I looked; you didn't. You've mentioned it in another thread, but never once in this thread.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:21 AM

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 6
Niced 58 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Actually you are proving that you are all Weema's. As long as you get what you want it makes no difference how it affects others. Selfish and self absorbed is the name of the game and folks, that is why disc golf will never gain the popularity you all wish is bestowed upon it.
Quote:

There is this wonderful quoting feature, why don't quote the "numerous" times you've mentioned it and prove everybody all wrong?

Also, may we please ask the name of the course and the name of the league?

Old 10-29-2019, 11:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,810 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
We don't close the course for league play, because we don't need to, but we are allowed to close it. The course is definitely closed to all outside play during PDGA events. Players are sent to neighboring courses if they show up during a PDGA event.
Well now that adds a new twist to the plot...

So you don't close the course for league play because you don't need to. But you get pissed at casuals for taking too long on a course you haven't closed during league play?

wtf

I mean, there's the solution RIGHT THERE. If you are having such an issue with casuals clogging up the course with disrespect and have the option to close the course THEN CLOSE THE COURSE. Problem solved.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,810 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:

You're getting mad at the wrong person. It's the PDGA you should have an issue with. They were allowing this. Therefore get mad at the rule makers not the participants.