Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Disc Golf Courses

Old 03-11-2020, 12:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 170
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 210 Times in 115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Thanks for the info. Maybe it's a good thing that economics of it pushes you toward making vs buying.
Looks very good. I hope:

1) This works out well for you.
2) I get a chance to play a course equipped with them one day.
If I read him right, he's still using Chinese suppliers. He just feels that by working directly with the Chinese companies, he can better control quality. He and his partner have greater experience with manufacturing over there vs disc golf companies that don't have experience beyond plastic molding and apparel. Could be his exchange rate issues were euro to pound and not pound to yuan. At least that's my takeaway. Likely to be proven wrong tomorrow.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-11-2020, 05:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 28
Niced 579 Times in 226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
The Smaller basket is 100% an MVP basket Pro HD basket only looking like the bottom cage is made of thicker wire or even of thin steel bar similar to Rebar.
The Keep is a fair bit larger than the MVP black hole pro HD (even version 2.0) , in terms of catching/target area it is akin to a European Disccatcher (different to American Disccatchers) - 53 cms target height as opposed to a black hole 47 cms and also a bit wider. We've gone for a slightly shallower bucket and off the top of my head I can't remember why, might have been a weight consideration, we might make a deeper one for future, if we add 2.5 cms depth to the bucket the target can be used for PDGA standard level as opposed to basic level.

We've gone with stainless steel chain as well for longevity. looks smarter too.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:06 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 925 Times in 773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhatton1 View Post
The Keep is a fair bit larger than the MVP black hole pro HD (even version 2.0) , in terms of catching/target area it is akin to a European Disccatcher (different to American Disccatchers) - 53 cms target height as opposed to a black hole 47 cms and also a bit wider. We've gone for a slightly shallower bucket and off the top of my head I can't remember why, might have been a weight consideration, we might make a deeper one for future, if we add 2.5 cms depth to the bucket the target can be used for PDGA standard level as opposed to basic level.

We've gone with stainless steel chain as well for longevity. looks smarter too.
The European version is now a ParkSport or something like that made for Discmania by Innova unless the Innova Europe Discatcher model is still made.

Yeah I do like the fact a basket can be used for Standard over Basic as Standard means a PDGA B tier over a C tier event with basic. I did say a better MVP Black Hole HD.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 108
Niced 579 Times in 268 Posts

Just saw the Duchess disc in the video. I know that Holly Finley is Innova sponsored, but that disc has her written all over it for marketing.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-12-2020, 05:36 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 28
Niced 579 Times in 226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
The European version is now a ParkSport or something like that made for Discmania by Innova unless the Innova Europe Discatcher model is still made.

https://www.pdga.com/technical-stand...fpark-target-0

This is the version of baskets Innova Europe, now Spin 18, have been making and selling in Europe for around 8 years or so now, interesting that they've only just got them approved late last year yet have run majors around the world on them for years....

They differ quite dramatically to the American made Disccatcher https://www.pdga.com/technical-stand...atcher-pro-new

The European ones are single ringed which makes a heavier chain unit leading to unfair feeling spit outs and are a fair bit smaller than the American made. I was always a big fan of the American made ones. Better build quality as well, although the European ones have improved over time.

Our Keeps as a temp basket are very close in size specs (slightly more height and slightly less width on the chain assembly catching area) to these but have the double ring for better catching, less chains though so I suppose some more chance of one going right through, although we've yet to witness that.

Niced: (1)

Old 03-12-2020, 05:45 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 925 Times in 773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhatton1 View Post
https://www.pdga.com/technical-stand...fpark-target-0

This is the version of baskets Innova Europe, now Spin 18, have been making and selling in Europe for around 8 years or so now, interesting that they've only just got them approved late last year yet have run majors around the world on them for years....

They differ quite dramatically to the American made Disccatcher https://www.pdga.com/technical-stand...atcher-pro-new

The European ones are single ringed which makes a heavier chain unit leading to unfair feeling spit outs and are a fair bit smaller than the American made. I was always a big fan of the American made ones. Better build quality as well, although the European ones have improved over time.

Our Keeps as a temp basket are very close in size specs (slightly more height and slightly less width on the chain assembly catching area) to these but have the double ring for better catching, less chains though so I suppose some more chance of one going right through, although we've yet to witness that.
Yep the DiscGolfPark, They have been making a very similar basket for Discmania Via Innova and using it for PDGA events since they did the World Tour. However those baskets have a double set of chains more like the old top of the line Discatcher.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 03-12-2020 at 05:49 PM.