Old 03-13-2020, 04:07 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Help! Race to 500!

Hi guys! Long time no see.
My friend and I are racing to 500 after seeing the Brodie video.
My furthest throw to date is 447 feet with a Nuetron Mayhem but that was slightly downhill.
I have a field at the back of the building were I work but it is only about 350 feet so I've been throwing putters.

It won't let me copy the embedding from my app so I'll try it when I get home, please let me know where I'm going wrong!

Fyi: this throw goes about 270 feet in a slight headwind.

https://youtu.be/ivyylBGC2xQ
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2020, 08:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,222 Times in 1,962 Posts

You will get there much quicker by scrapping the x-step for a bit and working on the fundamentals from a standing delivery like pitcher or batter with small stride. If you see Craigg or JG at Seneca hit them up. You could also meet up with me at the brewery sometime.

The main issue is that you aren't shifting forward off your rear foot from the ground up to the front foot to swing from. You are leaning/tipping your upper body back and forth over your lower body instead of sending your hips forward linearly(not rotationally) ahead of your upper body and swing. This is going to feel very weird/different/foreign.

Note how your rear foot stays back on the ground late into the swing as your upper body tips over forward and how your front foot gets rejected backward off the ground in the follow thru instead of pivoting smoothly on heel.

You are doing about the same thing here:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=136060
Old 03-13-2020, 10:02 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I didn't know you were a local Seneca guy! Had some of Craig's home brew at leap year!

Thanks for the tips Sidewinder! So rather than trying to push up off my rear foot I need to drive my hips forward? Would that feel like the inside of my knee is driving towards my front knee?

Niced: (1)

Old 03-16-2020, 07:12 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Small update, since I don't have any tournaments coming up anymore... (thanks coronavirus) I have time to remake my whole form!
I let my girlfriend borrow my tripod so no videos.
But I did go to a field today and practice standstill and one step drills.

It definitely feels different but I guess that's good?
I'm focusing on keeping my knees tight and shifting weight onto the plant leg, did some 1 leg drill as well to try and get a feel for it. The motion feels almost like less effort with decent results.
I was able to hit 290 with an envy with one step but could only get my distance drivers out to about 380 with the one step.
Gonna keep working on it for sure!

Niced: (1)