Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Disc Golf Courses

Old 03-04-2020, 08:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 413
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 407 Times in 206 Posts

Are there any actual quality courses not on DGCR that anyone's aware of or are we talking about mostly newer, standard park courses? I think there's one about 45 minutes from me not listed on here and that's about it. Besides private courses I mean. Not that I live in a hotbed if disc golf or anything.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-04-2020, 09:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.9
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,321 Times in 905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
This will sound like a broken record to many of you, but...

I'm about hitting the best courses in an area or that fit logistically along my route.

I'm not spending vacation time, as well as money for lodging and gas, and investing hours of drive time to play "Just another course."

I travel for destination courses. Courses that will stand out among those I've played already. Ratings and reviews I feel I can trust matter to me, because I use them to determine which courses to hit, and which to skip given my available time.

I'm not stopping just cuz UDisc sez there's a course that DGCR doesn't list, if I can't be reasonably assured I'll feel it was worth it. Flawed as DGCR's rating may be, they're WAY better than what I've seen on UDisc, and I have a pretty good feel for several reviewers whose opinions I value.

Until someone comes up with better reviews and ratings, DGCR is how I'll continue to plan my trips.
Yup....well put. I cannot agree more strongly.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:11 PM

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 5 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to mlstivender

I just learned about Udisc yesterday from a fellow disc golfer I met on the course. One thing I will admit is Udisc at least has all the courses mapped out for you. I’ve been to many courses with no maps or no course paths marked and Udisc provides that for you. It helps with the courses for people who aren’t regulars. I believe both are useful but when it comes to lay out of courses you can’t beat Udisc!

Old 03-22-2020, 11:55 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 413
Niced 407 Times in 206 Posts

Not all courses on Udisc have maps, but the majority I've played did. That's the only thing I find more useful on there. Ive been using DGCR forever though, so I may be slightly biased.

Niced: (1)