Old 03-28-2020, 06:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 514 Times in 318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbultman View Post
And I would totally go with the undertaker if I could find some ledgestone glo. Any idea where I would find some?
What about the Mcbeth cryZtal undertaker stability?
I don't recommend falling in love with a limited release plastic/mold combo. You're just kicking your conundrum down the road a bit, until you ether beat 'em in or lose 'em.

Sometimes I have a hard time following my own advice, like when I want a rarely used bookend slot in my bag to be the same mold as my primary throwers. But for a disc that you plan on heavily leaning on, I really don't think you'll be happy picking a limited run.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-28-2020, 07:02 PM
Par Member

Niced 17 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I don't recommend falling in love with a limited release plastic/mold combo. You're just kicking your conundrum down the road a bit, until you ether beat 'em in or lose 'em.

Sometimes I have a hard time following my own advice, like when I want a rarely used bookend slot in my bag to be the same mold as my primary throwers. But for a disc that you plan on heavily leaning on, I really don't think you'll be happy picking a limited run.
Then what would you suggest?
More overstable than a ti undertaker, less overstable than an Opto/GL explorer.... fairway driver. I already carry 3 thunderbirds and 1/2 wraiths
Old 03-29-2020, 11:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,308 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
More overstable than a ti undertaker, less overstable than an Opto/GL explorer.... fairway driver. I already carry 3 thunderbirds and 1/2 wraiths
the 'more overstable than a Ti undertaker' is your Thunderbirds, or something like a Vulture or Anax or PD

less overstable than an explorer would probably be a Mantis or FD
Old 03-29-2020, 08:38 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
I would suggest getting a less stable version of your stable mold, rather than a limited run version of your understable mold to fill a gap.

Grab an Explorer in Recycled plastic, preferably 5-10 grams lighter than your Optos. Recycled discs start beating in really quick. I love Trilogy's Recycled/Biofuzion plastic because it lets you start a cycle quickly, and in a plastic that feels really close to Goldline/Fuzion.

Niced: (2)
Old 04-02-2020, 06:04 PM
Par Member

Quote:
I would suggest getting a less stable version of your stable mold, rather than a limited run version of your understable mold to fill a gap.

Grab an Explorer in Recycled plastic, preferably 5-10 grams lighter than your Optos. Recycled discs start beating in really quick. I love Trilogy's Recycled/Biofuzion plastic because it lets you start a cycle quickly, and in a plastic that feels really close to Goldline/Fuzion.
But here’s the issue it’s still going to have that fade not the straight or slight to right finish throwing RHBH.. correct?
Old 04-02-2020, 06:37 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
But here’s the issue it’s still going to have that fade not the straight or slight to right finish throwing RHBH.. correct?
I don't throw Explorers, nor do I have your distance. But I do throw 90% Trilogy stuff, and have bagged enough Recycled Line/Biofuzion discs to know they are consistently flippier than the same mold in Opto/Lucid. Trilogy Recycled discs are a lot like Innova driver Pro plastic as far as what stability to expect. They are also relatively inexpensive, and can be ordered from dynamicdiscs.com with free shipping and no order minimum, so it's easy to try out one or two.

Look at it logically, comparing the McBeth CryZtal Undertaker and the Recycled Explorer. Both will shrink the stability gap between the two molds, but the Recycled Explorer is cheaper and easier to find/replace. They're not a limited run, so they are going to be a disc you can replace anytime you need to if you lose one. It just seems obvious that you should try filling the gap with the Recycled Explorer, before going the extreme route of relying on a limited run disc.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-02-2020, 08:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 413
Niced 407 Times in 206 Posts

Agree about the Biofuzion plastic. It beats in pretty quickly with essentially the exact same feel as regular fuzion plastic. If you want something more understable a Maverick is a great option. They come in Lucid-X too if you wanted a bit more stability.

It's really a personal preference thing, but those are two great options for a not as stable fairway. The DD Getaway would be a good option for a more stable fairway than the Undertaker. Comes in all the plastic blends.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:21 PM
Par Member

Quote:
I don't throw Explorers, nor do I have your distance. But I do throw 90% Trilogy stuff, and have bagged enough Recycled Line/Biofuzion discs to know they are consistently flippier than the same mold in Opto/Lucid. Trilogy Recycled discs are a lot like Innova driver Pro plastic as far as what stability to expect. They are also relatively inexpensive, and can be ordered from dynamicdiscs.com with free shipping and no order minimum, so it's easy to try out one or two.

Look at it logically, comparing the McBeth CryZtal Undertaker and the Recycled Explorer. Both will shrink the stability gap between the two molds, but the Recycled Explorer is cheaper and easier to find/replace. They're not a limited run, so they are going to be a disc you can replace anytime you need to if you lose one. It just seems obvious that you should try filling the gap with the Recycled Explorer, before going the extreme route of relying on a limited run disc.

I have 2 recycled explorers, the are understable after beating in. However I would like a little less stable, still has a touch of fade when I don’t want it too

Totally going to try a lighter explorer though