Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 112 Times in 48 Posts
Default Mint Discs - Bullet

New from Mint, being approved 3/26/20.

https://www.pdga.com/technical-stand...n/discs/bullet

Spec wise it looks most similar to a Prodiscus Jokeri, but since Mint already has a sweet overstable putter in the Profit, maybe a little more neutral?

Alright Booter, spill it.
Attached Images
File Type: png bullet.png (24.9 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-23-2020, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 253 Times in 161 Posts

like the mid, i will give a brief description of this bad boy. i really enjoy both the new mid and this putter,both are similar in flight and pair well with the profit and bobcat. this is our straight/neutral putter , it has a microbead that almost goes unnoticed and doesnt affect grip at all. think omega/aviar/voodoo type profile, its a point and shoot style putter (hence the name) lots of glide and goes where you throw it. its not deep nor is it very shallow, its similar in depth to the profit but the bullet has a higher shoulder.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:50 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 103
Niced 112 Times in 48 Posts

As a long time aviar, roach and luna user, you have my attention.

Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 253 Times in 161 Posts

Hello all! I know you've been patiently waiting for the review and what better time for reading material than now lol

Enjoy!

putter info:
Bullet
eternal plastic
172g
chartreuse

intro:
the bullet is the 2nd putter to come from mint, its profile is similar to that of a traditional bullet nosed putter with a smaller bead. the nearly unnoticeable microbead practically disappears when in your hands. when comparing the bullet to the profit, you will notice a few differences like the micro bead, the taller shoulder, and the slight rise to the center. while the putter is not domey , it still feels a smidge deeper than the profit IMO. For me, I think this putter will replace my profits for putting, it just feels so comfortable in my hand and I have always preferred beadless or micro beaded putters. that doesn't mean I will take the profit out of the bag though, the bullet and the profit pair so well together. with just those 2 putters I feel you can execute pretty much any shot with a putter, both on and off the tee. a lot of people have been asking for this type of putter and I think the guys really hit a home run with this mold.

putting:
even though I don't putt with premium plastic putters, I still put it through the ringer to get a feel for the putt. I'm a spin putter through and through and most know me as a hard and direct putter. I'm still putting with my first profits from last year and while they've taken a beating to become very straight, the LSS is still noticeable on longer putts. my putting grip consists of my pinky and ring finger tucked to the rim, middle finger on the plate and index under the edge of the bead. this grip allows me to have more spin and pop in my putt and extend my out of circle putts without needing to incorporate a jump putt like most do outside of the circle. the depth of the bullet is fairly shallow like the profit but the higher shoulder and slightly higher center makes it feel deeper and more comfortable to me. since my putt is very direct, I like to have putters with enough stability to stay straight mid flight but have minimal LSS, the bullet flies exactly like that when outside of the circle. a noticeable difference between the bullet and profit is the increased glide in the putt, it takes less effort to get the bullet to the target than it does with the profit. I think most know that the profit is easy to range because of its stability , but with the bullet's added glide and decreased stability, it allows you to focus on your release and accuracy of your putt much more. the bullet suits my style of putt to the T , I can't wait to put it to the test in royal plastic.

upshots:
currently I use a variety of putters for upshots, a royal profit, a seasoned serpent and a super flippy beat dp2. I usually play the fade or fh approach with the profit since its very consistent and I can trust it, I use my serpent for very straight shots when I need pin point accuracy with little chance of blowing past the target and the dp2 is for very touchy shots that require little power but more shot shaping abilities. after throwing the bullet for a bit, I can see it replacing my serpent and flippy dp2 over time once I get one beat to snot. from a stand still upshot, I throw the bullet like a lid and lots of spin and it will hold the line to the basket with very little fade, guy will tell you it reminds him of an aero. the glide on this thing is great to have, its got the traditional putter flight that just glides to where it needs to be with little effort. for fh upshots, I found that I could be direct with the shot without having to worry about it fading out too much. need to throw it around a bush or tree on an anhyzer line? no problem. the neutral stability of the bullet allows you to put it on any line and makes it great for shaping shots in or out of the woods. thrown on an anhyzer it will hold the anny and flatten out just enough to penetrate towards the target, thrown on a soft hyzer and it will lock in and hold the hyzer to the ground. ranging a shot may have a learning curve if you're used to the profits easy to range stability but a few rounds with the bullet will get you dialed in. once you become comfortable with the bullet, it will turn into a work horse for all of your upshot needs. pair it with the profit and you have all of your shots covered!

drives:
now on to drives! I love throwing putters and while comfortability plays a large part in choosing one, so does the stability, id estimate the bullet to have 0 turn and 1-2 in low speed fade. I generally go back and forth between mids and putters off the tee, depending on the shot required and the height of the ceiling so putters are usually 250 and in but I can stretch it to 300 if need be but usually don't. I like to throw all BH putter drives with a power grip or 3 finger grip, I rarely throw a fan grip because of how it feels to me but I am working on fixing that. when thrown flat RHBH with 75% power, the bullet will fly straight with little to no lateral movement while gently fading towards the target. naturally I feel I should throw it on a slight hyzer to pop it up to flat since I'm used to doing that with other putters, but the bullet will lock into whatever line you put it on with out straying off the intended path much. if thrown with some hyzer and more power, you can get it to pop up to flat but a lower powered, smooth hyzer will hold the whole way down. when thrown on a forced anhyzer, the bullet will again hold that angle for most of its intended flight while finishing flat the last 10%. I found that this putter actually holds up fairly well into mild head wind without getting uncontrollably squirrely, anything more and the profit can pick up the slack. I don't have the best fh or really fh putters off of the tee but I can see this being a good shot shaper for those that do. i imagine a hyzer flip FH would work well for this off of the tee since its easier to generate more spin and torque on a fh than it is in a back hand.

overall:
I feel like this is the putter Ive been waiting for and I'm extremely happy to finally have this mold in my bag. I have had people ask about this type of putter since the profit came out so I know many will also be pleased with this new mold if they didn't click with the profit. playing for over 20 years, I've had many putters come and go but I primarily stuck with the beadless or small beaded putters because they just fit my grip the best. I think the royal bullets will replace my royal profits for putting duties and will likely replace 1 or 2 of my other putters depending how fast I can beat one in bullets and profits are a match made in heaven for me and I hope they will be fore you too!

as always, if you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

thanks MINT fam!

Ps. The mustang will have it's own review soon