Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.9
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,150 Times in 696 Posts

Yeah, our FB group is divided on the issue as well. Lots of reasonable voices saying to stay away from courses, putt at home if possible, do field work, etc. Strong counter voices that refuse to be told what to do, some still claiming this is a media exaggeration and that the flu is worse. Those idiots are going to make this last much longer than necessary.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.9
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,322 Times in 905 Posts

Now after a couple of shifts at the hospital under my belt, I can definitively state...that if ANYONE were to see what this virus actually looks like, NOBODY would be playing disc golf. Any attempt to justify doing ANYTHING besides sheltering in place. is WRONG and dangerous. All attempts to justify playing is only built on the foundation of wild conspiracy theories....and is WRONG and dangerous. PLEASE stay the @^$* at home.

Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 342
Niced 317 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Yeah, our FB group is divided on the issue as well. Lots of reasonable voices saying to stay away from courses, putt at home if possible, do field work, etc. Strong counter voices that refuse to be told what to do, some still claiming this is a media exaggeration and that the flu is worse. Those idiots are going to make this last much longer than necessary.
They're also going to be the reason courses may get pulled. If disc golf courses get to be a hassle, municipalities won't want to deal with them.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 127
Niced 3,902 Times in 1,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Now after a couple of shifts at the hospital under my belt, I can definitively state...that if ANYONE were to see what this virus actually looks like, NOBODY would be playing disc golf. Any attempt to justify doing ANYTHING besides sheltering in place. is WRONG and dangerous. All attempts to justify playing is only built on the foundation of wild conspiracy theories....and is WRONG and dangerous. PLEASE stay the @^$* at home.
I'm hoping not to. I know enough math to know exponential growth when I see it, and I don't like what I see.
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 342
Niced 317 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
That's probably going on most places.

In South Carolina we still do not have a stay-at-home order, and the courses are a patchwork of mixed messages. Naturally, we have a few people bragging about playing the courses that are clearly closed.....well, except the ones where the baskets were pulled, because of those people.
There are a couple of active DGCR members in the Carolinas who are posting on local DG FB pages about planned trips. They are clearly not new players nor can play the 'I didn't know' card.

I would like to see local disc golf clubs being far more aggressive about implementing the 'do not play' policy. I'd think clubs would have the power to remove baskets themselves and/or revoke club memberships of people violating ordinances.
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 651 Times in 285 Posts

Heard today that a friend, 68-yo nurse, tested positive for Covid-19. Tried to get tested 9 days ago and was denied. Diagnosed with bronchitis and sent home with a dose of antibiotics. Adult daughter also tested positive.

Presumably they exposed who knows how many co-workers, friends, acquaintances, and perhaps unlucky strangers before being diagnosed.

Thousands of other cases like this are working their way through the system, and will be hitting in the coming days and weeks. So stay the fook home if you can. Disc golf can wait.

Friend says Covid-19 is absolutely miserable. And she is a tough cookie.

Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 54
Niced 55 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig View Post
There are a couple of active DGCR members in the Carolinas who are posting on local DG FB pages about planned trips. They are clearly not new players nor can play the 'I didn't know' card.

I would like to see local disc golf clubs being far more aggressive about implementing the 'do not play' policy. I'd think clubs would have the power to remove baskets themselves and/or revoke club memberships of people violating ordinances.
Problem is one or more of our club's upper echelon are posting on FB where and when they're playing. Frustrating.

Niced: (1)