Old 04-11-2016, 10:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 241 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
Oh god... Yeah. The VIP Sampos are a completely different beast...

Elasto: 10/5/.5/2.5
VIP: 10/5/-2/1.5

I picked up a max weight VIP when they came out and was all excited. The Challenge stamp was pretty "meh" so I was digging the production stamp... Then I started throwing it. Just not the same disc at all. I would have to assume they tweaked the mold after so much bad feedback from the Challenge saying it was too overstable.
It was too overstable for an event like the Trilogy Challenge. I barely used mine, because it didn't fit the course I was playing at all. Most people in my group felt the same. But if they tweaked it, they made a mistake, becuase now it is the only one of the 3 discs that I ever use.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2016, 09:07 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 44
Niced 27 Times in 18 Posts

Does anyone know if there is a plan to release these in Tournament plastic? I am on a little bit of a mold minimization kick right now and I would love to get some Tourney Sampos that I can season in to be more understable. Trying to beat up the VIPs just isn't really working for me...
Old 04-19-2017, 09:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 225 Times in 135 Posts

I've got one of the TC ones. Is the fight plate supposed to feel impossibly thin?
Old 09-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 435 Times in 221 Posts

So I went to my local Play it Again and found two used discs for $8 each. They felt really good in my hand and both here Trilogy Challenge Sampos and one had a really cool dye so I grabbed them both. I had no clue what the mold was or anything about them, just figured it was worth the $16. Well, a few months later I can say that the TC Sampo is one of the best fairway drivers ever made. It compliments my Thunderbirds very well and is my go to for that 320-380 foot shots. For me they are dead straight with just the right amount of fade. I can work them on little S shots and they don't get to glidey on me. I really love this disc.

I'm sad after reading this the production run is not as stable as the TC as I have no use for that. So, given it's been 5 or so months since someone posted here. Has there been a run of the TC type Sampos or do I have to dig deep into the internet to find them?

Niced: (2)
Old 09-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 83
Niced 320 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post

I'm sad after reading this the production run is not as stable as the TC as I have no use for that. So, given it's been 5 or so months since someone posted here. Has there been a run of the TC type Sampos or do I have to dig deep into the internet to find them?
Grab a shovel, cuz you're gonna need to start digging.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by august dupree View Post
Grab a shovel, cuz you're gonna need to start digging.
LOL, it sounds like I struck gold at Play it Again already. I'll never let go.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-27-2017, 03:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 83
Niced 320 Times in 217 Posts

I know a few guys that throw those Elasto Sampos and they all know they are playing on borrowed time. They don't care because it's the best disc for them now. I feel the same way about the Elasto Hatchets that are supposedly going OOP. I bought a small stack of them because I can't find anything else that goes as far and as straight for me as a good max weight Elasto Hatchet.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-21-2017, 09:26 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,207 Times in 1,034 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
So I went to my local Play it Again and found two used discs for $8 each. They felt really good in my hand and both here Trilogy Challenge Sampos and one had a really cool dye so I grabbed them both. I had no clue what the mold was or anything about them, just figured it was worth the $16. Well, a few months later I can say that the TC Sampo is one of the best fairway drivers ever made. It compliments my Thunderbirds very well and is my go to for that 320-380 foot shots. For me they are dead straight with just the right amount of fade. I can work them on little S shots and they don't get to glidey on me. I really love this disc.

There's a 166 Red (elasto) gently used Sampo at my local PIAS. If you want, I can snag it for you.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:35 AM
Eagle Member

Is it from a Trilogy challenge? It was my understanding those runs are the stable ones.

And THANK YOU

Last edited by Lazerface; 11-22-2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason: not being a dick

Old 11-22-2017, 06:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 241 Times in 158 Posts

I still have my TC Sampo, and found another un-inked one in a lake, and so have two as well. I've been using it for a couple of local holes where it just shines. If and when I lose them, because one of the holes is by water, I will be sad. However, tried an C-Line FD-3 today for the first time, and it could slot in there, as could a Thunderbird I suppose. Still, that elasto grip is nice on evenings like this in the low 30s.

Maybe now that Westside is under new management they can rectify that and run some production elasto Sampos.