Old 09-27-2016, 07:55 AM

Years Playing: 17.3
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I started throwing Flicks when I first started playing in 2001. Today I bag 5 different Flicks of varying stability. Several are Z 150 class first runs, others Z 150 class non-first run. Because these discs are so old they have all had their fair share of wear in varying degrees, though my primary thrower is was new old stock when I started throwing it this year. I've also used the newer Z Flick (2.5 turn, not 2 like the original Z and Elite-Z) at 150g for more stable shots when needed. I can get about 375 with my FH but I generally do not try to drive with it BH. The faster you get the disc to spin at this weight the less stable it will be after release. It's been my experience that the older ones actually just take off and won't come back, meaning I have to either slow my spin or limit my power. You can order the newer Flicks in 150 and I'd suggest doing that if you're not familiar with it's flight path. In order to achieve a more controlled shot,the spin needs to be higher and that means good form. With respect to the ESP that I have (also 150g), I rarely throw it. It is damn near concave and will make a hard turn promptly after leaving my hand. It's not often I need that kind of shot so I just let it sit on a shelf (these seem to be more rare than the old Z flicks, imho).

Hope the info helps, let me know if you have any questions about the disc(s)!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2019, 01:02 PM

Courses Played: 15
Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts

I just acquired a 150-class 2015 Ledgestone Ti Flick. It is surprisingly flippy! It gets a lot of turn before fading back. Nothing like my beefcake 150 Z Flick. I was about to abandon it, but it may come in handy for other lpurposes since its the easiest throwing Flick I've ever had. It even has some glide. Does anyone else have a Ti Flick? Is mine an anomaly?
Old 08-13-2019, 03:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 183
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 665 Times in 441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecosa View Post
I just acquired a 150-class 2015 Ledgestone Ti Flick. It is surprisingly flippy! It gets a lot of turn before fading back. Nothing like my beefcake 150 Z Flick. I was about to abandon it, but it may come in handy for other lpurposes since its the easiest throwing Flick I've ever had. It even has some glide. Does anyone else have a Ti Flick? Is mine an anomaly?
I mentioned my "domey" Ti Flick that I mentioned a few posts back (back in 2016). That was also a Ledgestone 2015, I believe, but I think it was closer to 170g. I wouldn't call it flippy, but it wasn't nearly as OS as some others. Mine was one of my longest overhand discs. Give it a try for some thumbers and tomahawks!

Niced: (1)
Old 08-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 18
Niced 156 Times in 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Only good use of a Flick is to alter the L and I and turn them into a U.
The Discraft F|_|CK. I first saw this disc in action by someone who called it his F*CK disc and looking at the font Discraft uses for it, no wonder!
Old 08-13-2019, 10:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 168
Niced 160 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Only good use of a Flick is to alter the L and I and turn them into a U.

Damn photobucket! You get the idea though.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 658 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecosa View Post
I had a Z Flick in my bag a couple years ago that got flippy. I had to pull it. It wouldn't work properly for sidearms, and wanted to flip over and never come back. When I throw a Flick, I want that hard, overstable flight. I don't want high speed turn, and I want the disc to stand up to headwinds.

Flippy Flicks can actually bomb for OK distance, but I wouldn't ever bag one for that purpose. I want the glideless overstability.

Niced: (2)

Old 08-14-2019, 06:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,151 Times in 673 Posts

How is the "new stamp" Ti Flick? . .most of them is +170g, to heavy for a Flick?