Old 03-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Chucked my blizzard boss 156 paces (468? I'm 6'1" with long legs) on hole 16 at the Beast course of Enman field in Maine today with a one step runup. First round since injuring my knee and playing hurt I really appreciate this disc for big D. By far my longest toss without an X step.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtencer View Post
Winston-Salem

Your head winds are generally weaker than most other people's head winds fwiw.
Ha...that's awesome. It's a rare day when we see winds that low here...we're generally way over the top of what that chart shows! I have to remember that when giving/listening to advice on wind. It's best to talk in numbers rather then perceptions of how strong it is.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Was actually hole 17 and is 617 ft

Looking back at pad

Drive to pin

The shot was a low distance line in a tailwind which broke out of the high speed turn just in time to take a wicked skip up the hill of what had to be 60 feet.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 32
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
One thing to note.. I love throwing Blizz discs forehand. Backhand they're a little touchy because of the release issues I have with the big weight change, but I can FH these discs much better than I FH heavier discs. It really helps with utility shots.. in fact I flicked a Blizz Katana last weekend in a tournament where I had ABSOLUTELY no way to backhand out of the brush I was in, but was able to do a finesse flick and get myself within putting range.
This needs to be commended. I've found the exact same results, and I'm an avid BH'er. I have a 130 boss and when I throw a nice, easy FH, it freaking cooks. The skips are delicious as well, and it's effortless to aim within 350'. I've actually been letting myself use it as a mid to screw around, and my buddy hit a 200' fairway ace with it when I told him "just back off, throw it at like 40%, and it will go right where you tell it." They're now not only crushing distances, but are SO for utility purposes.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

After throwing forhands with heavy discs for 3 years I agree these blizzards do have a special zip to them when thrown smoothly forhand. It is intreasting to me though because it is a very different type of toss than how I would normally throw a max weight destroyer 370 where you might force it onto an anhyzer by it will still hyzer eventually. It's more like flicking a Valk straight but with low speed fade at the end.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 30
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I must testify, the Blizzard discs I have is amazing.

I have 2 Wraiths that have awesome stability for such low weight discs. They turn over into the wind when I throw flat because I am putting an awesome amount of more spin on them than I do on the heavier discs I have.

My favorite thing to do is have a wide open hole with some backwind, I hyzerflip the blizzard Katana I have, and it seems like it is never coming down.

Blizzard discs have not only gave me better downwind distance, but I realized the techniques I am using to keep the from flipping over with the wind also work on heavier discs when going against the wind. I throw smarter, not harder.

Blizzard has added sometimes 50' to my drives, Holes that I used to work on placement for my drive for an easier approach I am now putting at.

I shot a round at my home course of Engler Park, and honestly, I putted terrible. I made nothing, absolutely nothing, outside of 15-20', and I still shot 1 stroke better than I ever have before. (-1)

One hole I had to throw a massive flex shot to reach, today, I simply threw a flat shot with my Wraith, and let it hyzer back, close enough for me to make a birdie. Simply amazing.

I wish I could say this is what is took to get me throwing longer with the big guns, BUT they have this same technology, and I can only imagine how far they are throwing now...
Old 03-25-2012, 07:41 PM

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tried my 150 boss today and I must say man it takes off fast from my hand. I love the disc and havent had any problems with it dying hard to the left. Very impressed with this disc.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 131
Niced 178 Times in 92 Posts

I broke down and bought one at the course on Saturday. Boss (157)

I'll comment after I have time to throw it. I'm still skeptical.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Dominator is pretty interesting... Speed "13+" is what I'm told, I threw it with a gentle hyzer, it stood up flat and flew a good distance fading out at the end in a predictable fashion.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 360
Niced 705 Times in 246 Posts

Finally got to chuck some "bubble plastic" today. Bought me a 139 and 141 Blizzard Wraith. Results were inconclusive, but after throwing 170ish discs for as long as I've been playing, I think I need to teach myself to lay back on these a bit instead of trying to crush them to get better results.