Old 04-13-2015, 10:11 AM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Gilmore View Post
Is there a price guide for all the "series" of destroyers? I have so many destroyers and not sure which ones are "sought after" or worth more than stock value
not really outside of the info in this thread.

off the top of my head some of the more sought after ones are:

- proto *D's
- pre-averey stamp S/DS's
- i think there was a japan open champ run that is valuable.

2 line AJ's it seems are starting to become a bit more sought after.

i'm sure i missed a few specific runs/variations that others can chime in on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charris414 View Post
I checked out their (somewhat) small selection of star destroyers. All were the new, small signature run, VERY domey, and definitely the softer star plastic. Not very appealing at all.
Our local Scheels also got a big shipment of Innova and every single one of the Star Destroyers was like this. Same with all of the current AJ stamped stock that Gotta Go Gotta Throw currently has. Unfortunately I think Innova is running out of the 'old' star plastic because something has definitely changed.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by anathematize; 04-13-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

At the event I was at this last weekend they probably had 20 stock stamp Star Destroyers. Almost every single one of them was super soft and flexy. Gross.

I had to work that morning so I caddied for a L64 sponsored pro (owner of the company doing payout for the event) 2nd round and he hooked me up afterwards. Let me pick through their inventory and grab a couple things i liked. I did find a really domey, stiff, 171g Echo Destroyer. It's a super bomber.

I have 2 orange Echos now and they are both really domey and long, long discs. I'm about to start hoarding them I think.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:26 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 47 Times in 34 Posts

I am worried that innova is going to start making star too much like g star. G star has its place but I will never want a bag full of gummy flexy plastic.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,557 Times in 1,628 Posts

Why do people want stiff Destroyers? Longer break in period (more OS)? Or do all you guys just prefer stiffer star plastic in general for all discs?

I prefer softer star but I don't have any clue if there is some correlation to Destroyer flight...

Niced: (1)
Old 04-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I like the way it wears way more. As far as I'm concerned they're more OS too. They wear in better and the feel. I also prefer stiffer Star in general. I wasn't a huge fan of Gstar. It isn't awful, it certainly has its uses, but I wasn't a big fan.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,557 Times in 1,628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter14 View Post
I like the way it wears way more. As far as I'm concerned they're more OS too. They wear in better and the feel. I also prefer stiffer Star in general. I wasn't a huge fan of Gstar. It isn't awful, it certainly has its uses, but I wasn't a big fan.
Fair enough, that's kind of what I was expecting to hear. I don't have the arm to need the mega OS Destroyers that don't break in much. But I do agree that stiffer star seems to break in a bit "better" (slower, less gouges IME), although I don't like the feel as much.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 18 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Why do people want stiff Destroyers? Longer break in period (more OS)? Or do all you guys just prefer stiffer star plastic in general for all discs?

I prefer softer star but I don't have any clue if there is some correlation to Destroyer flight...
if i find a star destroyer that i like... i want that baby to last. a long time.

seems like the stiffer blends wears in more evenly and stays in the sweet spot for a longer time.... albeit at the cost of taking more time to actually get to the sweet spot.

i think the firmer star plastic is probably the best blend for driver 'seasoning' as far as any of the premium plastics have ever been. i really hope it isn't completely tapped out.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 35
Niced 18 Times in 15 Posts

i guess i should hedge that last statement with a nod to most of Discraft's ESP plastic as being a great premium blend for drivers that seasons well, lasts a helluva long time and is probably more consistent overall than innova.

if only they would run ESP Destroyer's....
Old 04-13-2015, 06:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 68
Niced 130 Times in 66 Posts

First runESP cranks are garbage. They gouge almost as easily as dx

Old nukes are great, maybe the newer cranks are better. Discraft has some consistency swings just as innova does.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.3
Courses Played: 30
Niced 43 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anathematize View Post

off the top of my head some of the more sought after ones are:

- proto *D's
- pre-averey stamp S/DS's
- i think there was a japan open champ run that is valuable.

2 line AJ's it seems are starting to become a bit more sought after.

i'm sure i missed a few specific runs/variations that others can chime in on.

Probably the rarest, the 200 Nightshifts.
First run mint green, pop top Echo D's, legendary for thier overstability, coveted by pros like Feldy.
Any old, original ☆ D's, the real " by the numbers " Destroyer, now they eat up long fairways with no strain at all.