* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 1029
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 55 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWayneHester View Post
It's amazing how many of the people in the 500+ club have either no PDGA rating or a pretty low rating for playing that many courses. I have only played around 25 courses and have a 841 player rating (only played 1 pdga event). However if someone has the time to play 500+ courses, you would think they have the time to play PDGA events and or be "better than someone who hasn't played many. I would be more impressed with a 1000 rated player than a player who has played 1000 courses anyday...IMO.

Plus with the PDGA rating, you know it's real.
With the 1000 courses on DGCR, one can just click "course played" with no actual proof.
We found the guy who had no proof . . . Tehwood . . . and he is no longer around. All the others have been vetted by private course owners and other course travelers. If someone really wanted to . . . they could sure . . . but I don't think that would be worth their time for fake glory. I am proud I am almost at 1000 and it took less than 10 years to do it and that is all that matters to me but if you had any idea how much money and planning went into my 10 years of road trips you might have a different opinion. It's just time and money so if that dedication means nothing to you so be it. The bottom line is I am studying while I am out playing courses. I am learning course design techniques (both good and bad) and I am enjoying nature and getting some needed exercise while doing it. I wouldn't trade my 1000 courses for a 1000 rating . . . well maybe thats a stretch although I'd truly rather do what I do and enjoy it than have to be a 1000 rated player trying to make it as a professional player so maybe it does work . . . either way I love what I do and I am sure so do all the other well traveled awesome people I have met along the way.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2018, 11:04 AM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 455
Niced 524 Times in 245 Posts

I wonder how my 350ish courses and 941 rating equates out in Joshua's "WorthIt-O-Meter".

That's a seriously douchey take.

Last edited by Noill Golf; 04-19-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22
Courses Played: 199
Niced 19 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harr0140 View Post
We found the guy who had no proof . . . Tehwood . . . and he is no longer around. All the others have been vetted by private course owners
Private course owner here. My course was unlisted when Tehwood called me. Found my number on a flyer posted on the bulletin board at Reservoir Hill DGC in my little town of Pagosa Springs, far removed from anything. Was looking to play a cash game or mini. He came and played at my course and that is when I figured out he was tehwood. Apparently traveled a lot for work and professed he wasn't good with computers, hence the misspelling of "The" in his username. I grabbed the pitch forks as quick as anyone when his account was first questioned but having met him and received a shark tooth from him (in Colorado, from a resident) I believe he does travel extensively and search out disc golf. I am certain that the courses he had listed as played didn't match what he had played but do think the number of courses played was fairly accurate and it was more due to being inept then malice.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Independent Operator*

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 459
Niced 398 Times in 155 Posts

Quote:
It's amazing how many of the people in the 500+ club have either no PDGA rating or a pretty low rating for playing that many courses. I have only played around 25 courses and have a 841 player rating (only played 1 pdga event). However if someone has the time to play 500+ courses, you would think they have the time to play PDGA events and or be "better than someone who hasn't played many. I would be more impressed with a 1000 rated player than a player who has played 1000 courses anyday...IMO.

Plus with the PDGA rating, you know it's real.
With the 1000 courses on DGCR, one can just click "course played" with no actual proof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
I wonder how my 350ish courses and 941 rating equates out in Joshua's "WorthIt-O-Meter".

That's a seriously douchey take.
Agreed! And full of faulty logic. Just playing in more PDGA events doesn't mean a player's rating will increase. I am on my way to playing 500 courses and have played over 275 PDGA events. However, my PDGA rating is currently 846 and dropping lower every year (I am still rated higher than Joshua)!

Regarding actual proof, Joshua's PDGA rating is only 821, not 841. https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/17000#MA3
Old 04-17-2018, 02:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 1029
Niced 55 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140

Quote:
Originally Posted by giles View Post
Private course owner here. My course was unlisted when Tehwood called me. Found my number on a flyer posted on the bulletin board at Reservoir Hill DGC in my little town of Pagosa Springs, far removed from anything. Was looking to play a cash game or mini. He came and played at my course and that is when I figured out he was tehwood. Apparently traveled a lot for work and professed he wasn't good with computers, hence the misspelling of "The" in his username. I grabbed the pitch forks as quick as anyone when his account was first questioned but having met him and received a shark tooth from him (in Colorado, from a resident) I believe he does travel extensively and search out disc golf. I am certain that the courses he had listed as played didn't match what he had played but do think the number of courses played was fairly accurate and it was more due to being inept then malice.
Thanks for clarifying that. Perhaps there was "some" credibility to him. I know Chris Woj also vouched for him but that didn't mean the way he did things was right and I guess that's why he doesn't show up on the most courses played search on the site. Timg must have removed him because it was inaccurate in terms of which courses he played although maybe truthful to his course count.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:46 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 931 Times in 481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harr0140 View Post
...I guess that's why he doesn't show up on the most courses played search on the site. Timg must have removed him because it was inaccurate in terms of which courses he played although maybe truthful to his course count.
I hope that's not the case. It affects no one in the grand scheme of things, and it sounds like the pitchforks came out for no real reason.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 125
Niced 2,061 Times in 982 Posts

Teh_Wood's story was strange. First, he wasn't bragging---someone else brought him up, apparently he had mentioned elsewhere that he had played 2800 courses, or something like that. At his friend's urging he listed courses here.

The red flags were the private courses that were highly improbable (including ours, which he'd claimed to have played along with someone who admitted having never visited us), and the sheer number being more than twice what anyone else had played---and we knew what an accomplishment those others had been.

But his personal list and story also included things like unofficial object courses on college campuses. And it was just that---his personal list. He didn't come seeking accolades.

So in the end, (1) everyone can think what they want and (2) it doesn't matter, anyway. Nobody's winning awards or prize money over this, anyway.

For myself, I'm skeptical. I accept the others, and put Teh_Wood into a separate, Who Knows? category.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 1318
Niced 383 Times in 165 Posts

What?! There's no prize money or awards? And it took you this long to tell me?

Grumble grumble poop.

The rewards are all contained within. I also never set out to gain recognition or break any records, or whatever, one course led to the next to another and I was having a blast, meeting people and seeing new locations. I had already traveled the country once all the way around and had a blast doing so, disc golf gave me an excuse to travel the whole damn country again and see new areas as well as return to places I knew I wanted to see again and same with people. It was kind of fun getting recognized here and there and signing an occasional autograph, most people would recognize the dog before me. I miss the lifestyle, and I hope I can do it again someday..

Old 04-17-2018, 09:05 PM
Carolina Crusher's Magic Man

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 36 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discette View Post
Agreed! And full of faulty logic. Just playing in more PDGA events doesn't mean a player's rating will increase. I am on my way to playing 500 courses and have played over 275 PDGA events. However, my PDGA rating is currently 846 and dropping lower every year (I am still rated higher than Joshua)!

Regarding actual proof, Joshua's PDGA rating is only 821, not 841. https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/17000#MA3
LOL. My opinion still remains the same. I only played in one event. I won that one event. I beat a player in that one event who was rated "875". To this very day, I have only played 25 courses. What is the point of bragging about playing 1000 courses if you are garbage at all of them.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:11 PM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 455
Niced 524 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
LOL. My opinion still remains the same. I only played in one event. I won that one event. I beat a player in that one event who was rated "875". To this very day, I have only played 25 courses. What is the point of bragging about playing 1000 courses if you are garbage at all of them.
What's the point of bragging about one tourney win in Rec?

Some people care about winning tourneys and being great at disc golf. Others like seeing new places and playing disc golf in those places, and don't care about "mastering the sport. Others like to balance both (I'd fit in that category).

The only point you're making is that you're an ass.

Last edited by Stardoggy; 04-17-2018 at 09:14 PM.