Old 02-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Finders Keepers Anonymous Pond Diver

Courses Played: 8
Niced 61 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooter View Post
I'm not sure what your really after with responses here. Are you just stirring the pot? This is just life in general. Male or female.
This
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2017, 02:34 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 531 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
This was the spectrum thing I was talking about. I totally get Sonic's frustration here, but he is being a bit dismissive. The other side is the SJW white night approach. It's why this conversation is going down the drain.

If you dismiss all of Sonic's points and others that have defended him as just blatant sexism you are part of the problem. That is not to say I agree with Sonic's perspective, but there are some truths, or version of such, in his message.

If you think Sonic is evil and are claiming that you are a perfect man being that has never fell into any type of chest bumping behavior through his entire life, or that you would be perfectly fine with women, your wife, daughter, or whoever being a fly on the way during your guy only conversations you are almost certainly full of S*$T.

Point being, the more reasonable position is somewhere in the middle.
Has there truly been much accusing of blatant sexism or evil? Who is trying to come off as perfect?
Old 02-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 80
Niced 267 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
So in my case you would have chased down a guy two holes away and what, lectured him about being politically correct?

Sorry bud, not only are you lying about your overall level of discourse, but you are lying about this as well. Which is funny, because your post is basically going on about how you don't lie, and it is evident that is all you do.
I understand that it is uncomfortable for you. I get it. You imply that everyone who is advocating for someone other than themselves has an alternative agenda when you say "hey she's not gonna date you!". You call people liars when they say they don't engage in the type of behavior you do so that you can reassure yourself that everyone is a debase as you are. I can understand why that narrative would get you through the day. You have my sympathies, sir.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 531 Times in 191 Posts

Can someone do a quick check on the demographics of the folks who are saying "this is just life" and "suck it up" etc?
I don't know. Maybe you don't want women playing. Or maybe you only want certain kinds of women playing--the proverbial "cool chick."

Old 02-02-2017, 02:39 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 81
Niced 1,749 Times in 437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noill Golf View Post
Sonic isn't evil... he just really likes playing devil's advocate to evoke a response. The tactic does result in a good thread now and then... I just wish he'd take off the fake mask once in a while and say what he really thinks.

*that'll rile him up...not*
The problem with playing Devil's Advocate is that there are already a number of devils in the thread, and they don't need an advocate. They are making their points plain enough to see as it is.

This is the point where I think it crosses over from being a devil's advocate and into just trolling for shock and reactions.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 511 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorseymatt View Post
Has there truly been much accusing of blatant sexism or evil? Who is trying to come off as perfect?
Maybe a bit of hyperbole from me, but I think you get the nuance in my overall point.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 511 Times in 244 Posts

I do like how the OP tossed this grenade in and walked away though. It's pretty funny.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Officially Retired

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 241
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 82 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Yeah, I once found myself in a situation where I was playing solo with headphones in with a Nutsac and a group of three was really enjoying screaming fag at me. Actually took a minute for me to realize and then when I did stop to just look at them, it quickly escalated, and I didn't even say a word to them. It was 3 on one and I had to walk away to avoid a full out brawl, for literally no damn reason. They drove away screaming fag out the window, too. I didn't go back to that course for months. I'm a former Marine and I'll say I was shook up... I just was not in that mindset at the moment and was trying to relax. It affected how I behaved, and what I carried, on the course for about a solid year.
Sorry that happend to you, it's happend to me as well. I've been called that by random strangers (I think anyway) and I've been called that by people who know I'm Gay, this all on the disc golf course. I had a friend of mine quit playing disc golf because he kept getting made fun of, and was completely ostracized from the start until it wasn't worth dealing with all of that to go play a game in the park that's supposed to be fun. I think all of this is tied together with the problems women have as well. The same sort of imbeciles.

Quote:
The repressible excusing of the behavior as part of dude culture is 100% part of the problem.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,311 Times in 652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
I do like how the OP tossed this grenade in and walked away though. It's pretty funny.
Happens all the time. To the OP, Nova, and any other women reading, what do you normally see on the course? How are women treated, in general, in disc golf?

Old 02-02-2017, 02:57 PM
Team Borderland

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 87
Niced 41 Times in 28 Posts

I hate to say it, but I've gotta take Sonic's side here.

If I'm on the course with my buddies and someone comments about a woman being sexy, whether in earshot or not, I'm not going to suddenly be some sort of white knight of social justice tearing him down for objectifying a woman who's just trying to enjoy a pleasant afternoon on the course. Instead, I'm going to wait until she's out of earshot and agree or disagree. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many guys who would do the former.

This is why "grow thicker skin" really isn't terrible advice. The M/F ratio in the sport is such that any woman on the course is going to draw attention just by being a woman. Sometimes, that attention manifests in a way that might rub you the wrong way. In those cases, knowing how to shrug it off and not let it effect your enjoyment of your round is a good skill to have.

Niced: (2)