#2761  
Old 10-17-2017, 12:04 AM
Moose33 Moose33 is offline
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 3,774
Niced 214 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
How's that stego crashing for a strong FH like you?
Itís beef for sure. I have trepidationís for sure since Iíve only been able to throw it on a very short field, not even 200 ft. They say that itís more OS as your try to throw it harder, so it should be interesting to see how a full pull goes.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2762  
Old 10-19-2017, 10:44 PM
Moose33 Moose33 is offline
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 3,774
Niced 214 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
How's that stego crashing for a strong FH like you?
Iíve finally thrown the Stego quite a bit and the results have been... well hilarious.

It doesnít fade as I am used to. It comes out so smooth, looking fantastic and going straight and then it realizes the ground is under it.

I think it hates the ground, it wants to violently spike it and hurt the earth as much as possible. You can see itís enraged spirit as it crashes to the ground in the fastest dump Iíve ever seen.

That said Iíve thrown it what I would consider farish for a disc like this. On a few itís been as much as 275, but that is as far as itís gone for me. I have a theory about how to make it go farther, but thatís not really the point I think.

Pinpoint accuracy within it extreme dumpyness is very useful.

Reply With Quote
  #2763  
Old 10-20-2017, 12:06 AM
august dupree's Avatar
august dupree august dupree is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: All Seattle, sometimes Montana, yo.
Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 83
Posts: 1,310
Niced 309 Times in 208 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Iíve finally thrown the Stego quite a bit and the results have been... well hilarious.

It doesnít fade as I am used to. It comes out so smooth, looking fantastic and going straight and then it realizes the ground is under it.

I think it hates the ground, it wants to violently spike it and hurt the earth as much as possible. You can see itís enraged spirit as it crashes to the ground in the fastest dump Iíve ever seen.

That said Iíve thrown it what I would consider farish for a disc like this. On a few itís been as much as 275, but that is as far as itís gone for me. I have a theory about how to make it go farther, but thatís not really the point I think.

Pinpoint accuracy within it extreme dumpyness is very useful.
Crap, I had the over on 280. You sure you can't squeeze a few more feet out of it?
Reply With Quote
  #2764  
Old 10-20-2017, 12:07 AM
AndyJB's Avatar
AndyJB AndyJB is offline
Big Country
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Disc Golf Mecca: Colorado
Years Playing: 26.5
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,907
Niced 107 Times in 73 Posts
Default

You'll find the Stego as a Godsend in some sticky situations. I suspect you will be in those types of situations far less than myself, but everyone has a bad round now and again. The Stego has helped me salvage par countless times. I don't throw it that much, but I still bag my original Stego and it has no signs of wearing in. Fun disc that is weirdly reliable.
Reply With Quote
  #2765  
Old 10-20-2017, 12:08 AM
AndyJB's Avatar
AndyJB AndyJB is offline
Big Country
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Disc Golf Mecca: Colorado
Years Playing: 26.5
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,907
Niced 107 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by august dupree View Post
Crap, I had the over on 280. You sure you can't squeeze a few more feet out of it?
I overshot a short 215 foot hole with a Stego once...does that count? LOL
Reply With Quote
  #2766  
Old 10-20-2017, 12:12 AM
Moose33 Moose33 is offline
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 3,774
Niced 214 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by august dupree View Post
Crap, I had the over on 280. You sure you can't squeeze a few more feet out of it?
Haha Iíll give it a shot. Let you know if I make it. Iíll do a big anny 360 and see if it gets me the extra few feet.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2767  
Old 10-20-2017, 12:14 AM
Moose33 Moose33 is offline
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 3,774
Niced 214 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
You'll find the Stego as a Godsend in some sticky situations. I suspect you will be in those types of situations far less than myself, but everyone has a bad round now and again. The Stego has helped me salvage par countless times. I don't throw it that much, but I still bag my original Stego and it has no signs of wearing in. Fun disc that is weirdly reliable.
I think your right. Iím a decent player, but everyone who isnít elite could use a disc like this.

Plus itís just a ton of fun!
Reply With Quote
  #2768  
Old 10-20-2017, 12:33 AM
august dupree's Avatar
august dupree august dupree is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: All Seattle, sometimes Montana, yo.
Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 83
Posts: 1,310
Niced 309 Times in 208 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Haha Iíll give it a shot. Let you know if I make it. Iíll do a big anny 360 and see if it gets me the extra few feet.
Is there a such thing as a 360 flick?
Reply With Quote
  #2769  
Old 10-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Moose33 Moose33 is offline
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 3,774
Niced 214 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by august dupree View Post
Is there a such thing as a 360 flick?
Yes, but Iíve only ever seen Koling do it outside myself. I tried it about 3 years ago, and itís funny looking but can work.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #2770  
Old 11-03-2017, 10:43 AM
youdidwell's Avatar
youdidwell youdidwell is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Illinois
Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 243
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
As for running Fossil batches of Gateways other putters, I'd say it's safe to say it will be done at some point. But that's more of a "when we can" type basis.
Did Fossil Warlocks ever get run? Always had a dream of them being produced but haven't been following RDG/Gateway closely enough to know if I ever missed out.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.