Old 06-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 46 Times in 36 Posts

Thanks tbird. We shall have our premi polecats one day.

I get all the fade I need in this slot from my Ion w/ angle changes. I am really looking for something beefey. After getting used to the feel of the Zone I may not be able to find something like it because there isn't anything else like it.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
None of them are real close to Zero Hard. Firm might be, but I like the grip of medium, personally.

As for the color concerns, if you order from Community, Disc Golf Center, or Marshall Street, you get to see a photo of the disc in question. They are getting more and more vibrant with each run.
Good deal. I plan on checking them out. Like I said I already like what I've seen from them and I like what they do for the game.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 50
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quite a few options, only 2 I even enjoy enough to mention.

ESP zone (go to academy, feel their esp surges, it'll be like that except the rims will be harder), or a fuzion suspect. Quite a bit longer, but if you get a concaved one (most fuzion are), you can shape some of the same lines if you lay off the power a little bit.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:41 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 4.5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My ESP Zone is money.

It has a great feel in the hand and does exactly what you want it to do. I would have to guess it would be just as good as your Crystal Z was.

Do not get a Sinus If you like the feel of you Zone. The Sinus has entirely different feel about it. I tried for a bit and went back to the Zone.

Also a Pro D Zone is good to have too.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

I don't know what academy is. The only 2 places with discs close are dicks and PIAS. Neither are getting my money.

I was curious if the suspect would come up. I'm a Judge fan so I'm predisposed to like their discs. What is the rim similar to? I really don't need a beeftastic mid, ie 230-270'. I need to stop buying mids. Seriously.

Seems an ESP Zone is in my future.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 50
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskew113 View Post
I don't know what academy is. The only 2 places with discs close are dicks and PIAS. Neither are getting my money.

I was curious if the suspect would come up. I'm a Judge fan so I'm predisposed to like their discs. What is the rim similar to? I really don't need a beeftastic mid, ie 230-270'. I need to stop buying mids. Seriously.

Seems an ESP Zone is in my future.
academy is like dicks, I go there to buy buzzzes and surges for discounted prices. Sometimes they have rare discs they don't realize and I buy and resale em lol.

I'd say a suspect is like a zone with a bead. Esp zone is better for what you want cause you can really put a lot on it and it still acts overstable.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 70
Niced 49 Times in 33 Posts

Instead of starting a new thread I thought that I would revive this thread.

I have been set for the last year+ on my stable (opto pure) to understable (ZH pure) driving and approach putters. But, I have been cycling the overstable compliment and just can't decide which works best. What are you throwing? And, is there another disc out there that I haven't looked at that you would recommend? For reference, I throw my putters between 250 and 300 based on what line I put them on. The opto pure is straight the entire flight while the ZH slowly tracks right. I want a disc that isn't crazy OS but will fight turn and fade predictably on drives off the tee. I have been trying out:

ESP Zone: Most overstable of the bunch, faster than my pure. Has more skip then I am looking for.
Ulitrium Jokeri: A little less fade than the Zone. Doesn't turn at all. Feels very similar to the Pure. I get the most distance out of this one.
N Envy: Minimal fade on max D but still no turn. I haven't had a chance to try it on an extreme wind day but currently this and the Jokeri are my favorite.
ZH Sinus: I love this disc but the more I throw it, the less it fades. I feel like the Envy is a premium version of this disc which is why I am leaning toward that.

I see in this thread that people are mentioning the Suspect, VP, Rhyno, Pig and Breaker. Is there anything I am missing out by not trying one of these?
Old 09-05-2014, 03:00 AM
Banned

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

you should try a westside harp, i bet youll love it.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 214 Times in 180 Posts

Try a Yikun GUI, it's got slight overstablity and pretty decent glide IMO.

The Zone is a good one too, I'd say the Harp is actually what you described but it has a small bead.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 206
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 435 Times in 248 Posts

The Pig and JOKERi would be my recommendations. If the Zone is too fast, the Suspect will be too. The Pig will have stability between the Zone and JOKERi and will not skip.