Old 02-02-2017, 12:54 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,987 Times in 1,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atison View Post
I keep trying to put a valk back in my bag but whenever I am at the field throwing everything I have the valk just never impresses when put up against my Saint's and River's.
For me it's the Sidewinder and Star SL. The Sidewinder, especially in Champion plastic for me, has the glide the Valk doesn't, and the SL is stable-to-overstable like a Valk but gets (me) more distance.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2017, 09:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 29
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
i know the 2nd runs were super stable.
Between a thunderbird and firebird to be exact and razor sharp rims when new. I consider mine a weapon of sorts if it came down to it.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I use a 140 gm starlite valk for stand still fairway shots in the winter, I can shape all kinds crazy lines and it goes very far with little efford. Also a 165 champ and dx I put in the bag for open courses.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 32
Niced 469 Times in 287 Posts

I've been throwing Valkyries for a couple of years now. I've bagged two Glow Champion and a Star. All max weight and flat. Would rate their flight ratings at 9/4/-1.5/2. Just a great example of how really good Innova's early molds are. Easy to see that Dave and company really took their time making sure this was going to fly right. Stable, comfortable in the hand and easy to get up to speed.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-06-2017, 12:28 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 25 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I've been throwing Valkyries for a couple of years now. I've bagged two Glow Champion and a Star. All max weight and flat. Would rate their flight ratings at 9/4/-1.5/2. Just a great example of how really good Innova's early molds are. Easy to see that Dave and company really took their time making sure this was going to fly right. Stable, comfortable in the hand and easy to get up to speed.
Exactly my thoughts I bag 5 and cover almost all my max distance shots. A CH. 158g flat and very high plh very OS. for me. A swirly CH. natural beauty 175g for moderate headwinds / hyzers and flex shots OS not as much as the 158g but less affect by wind. A 175 G* fly's just like the numbers. A 175 pro hyzer flips left to right shots. A five time JK. beaten hyzer flip to a long right turn and no fade/rolling. But I bag a predator for really strong headwinds. And own JK pros, pearly 5 times JK, Sandstorm's, a few good dx ones with a decent PLH. After writing this I think I need to buy some more �� Almost forgot to mention one green champ with a very blunt nose I know there are mold variations but it's just way out of specs. I like Valks
Old 02-06-2017, 01:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 370 Times in 276 Posts

I have a domey 175 Echo Star Valk that is a F2 and it refuses to be an understable disc. I've been thinking that I should put it back in the bag but between my CD2 and P-PD I think that I have the slot covered. It used to be my main FH driver when I had less power but now I have so much OAT in my form almost anything with a hint of turn has to be Hyzerflipped for my FH.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,367 Times in 1,457 Posts

Picked up a new 166g Champion Valkyrie and wow, wasn't expecting it to be flippy. It's a great US flyer out of the box.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 30
Niced 661 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atison View Post
Used to swear by valks. First disc I could throw correctly and get its intended flight. First disc I had in multiple plastics that opened my eyes to bagging multiples of the same mold. Comfortable in the hand. Predictable. Plenty of stability options across plastics and domeyness.

Unfortunately for innova I found the River/Saint combo. This is like taking a valk and widening its settings potential in all directions (save for maybe total max distance but that's debatable and mostly achieved in a dx with ample beat in). All in a very consistent feel.

I keep trying to put a valk back in my bag but whenever I am at the field throwing everything I have the valk just never impresses when put up against my Saint's and River's.
I'm having the exact same experience. My Saint goes slightly farther and my River is more controllable. Still gonna keep my Valks for rollers though.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
For me it's the Sidewinder and Star SL. The Sidewinder, especially in Champion plastic for me, has the glide the Valk doesn't, and the SL is stable-to-overstable like a Valk but gets (me) more distance.
Wrong, Valkyrie is hardly "stable-overstable".

...you've never thrown a Valkyrie, right? Just hate on it with your claim that it "lacks glide" here every chance you get. Despite the fact that it has enough glide to have held the world distance record at 820' for several years. Oh well...

Old 02-07-2017, 09:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,367 Times in 1,457 Posts

^not to defend him, but if he threw one of the recent flat stars, those things are glideless and beefy.