Old 02-03-2017, 03:49 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 32 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekdo View Post
I'll never understand all the dislike for prodigy.
Just came along too late in the game, outside of the hype they got from signing a bunch of pros which one didn't help them because most people on a course have no idea who Paul McBeth or Ken Climo is much less the pros they signed who didn't stick around anyway what have they done? Oh they have a driver that is "like" a Destroyer, or a mid that is "like" a Buzzz? Everything now is just cloning the stuff Innova or Discraft has already done while claiming you have some amazing CE-like plastic that isn't anywhere as durable.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2017, 07:41 AM
Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations.

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 61
Niced 88 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakamkram View Post
I got pretty excited reading this, as I've been looking to try some Kastaplast out, but I really hate websites that ask you to list your top color choices when ordering instead of having a real inventory of what they have. If you call/email them, are they pretty good about letting you know if what you're looking for is in stock?
I was lazy about it and FB messaged them and they hand picked out everything I wanted!
Even sent me a pic when I asked.
Still better than tracking down a dude that used to (maybe still does?) work for Clearwater and hoping he feels like responding to you, lol.

Last edited by Mulligan; 02-03-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Never did understand why. At a glance the names actually tell you a lot about the mold.

PA for putt and approach, M for mids, F for fairways, D for distance drivers.

1 is the most OS, the higher the number the more understable.

Most companies choose names that give you zero indication as to how a disc should fly.

Prodigy's system is simple and informative. I don't throw them anymore but that's something I felt they did right.
Math nerd.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 24
Niced 64 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Never did understand why. At a glance the names actually tell you a lot about the mold.

Most companies choose names that give you zero indication as to how a disc should fly.

Prodigy's system is simple and informative. I don't throw them anymore but that's something I felt they did right.
You really need to know the company first in order to know this though. Sure, the letters make sense, but just with just about every other company, lower numbers are straighter flying while higher numbers are more overstable.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 6
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:

I think the disc names are ok, but i hate that the plastic names are numbered.

The normal naming convention of 'plastic type - disc type' just sounds silly (400G D4 for example, compared to Star Boss)
Old 02-03-2017, 12:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 561 Times in 411 Posts

Even though i Have a bunch of Harps and I like it a lot, I chose westside because every other disc was Meh. Their distance drivers #'s are all off.....Basically I like ALL makers of discs, but honestly TRILOGY discs drivers are NOT my cup of tea....though the Sheriff seems to be a winner, we'll see.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 29
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Even though i Have a bunch of Harps and I like it a lot, I chose westside because every other disc was Meh. Their distance drivers #'s are all off.....Basically I like ALL makers of discs, but honestly TRILOGY discs drivers are NOT my cup of tea....though the Sheriff seems to be a winner, we'll see.
The faster you go, the harder it is to control so it makes sense that a lot of drivers "flop" with the general public. Above speed 9, you find less stable drivers become more popular, unless a noob ends up content with every drive being a hyzer line. Too US and the average player is all over the map. If I were starting up a new company, I'd be making drivers "just like" the Wraith, etc too if I wanted to stay in business.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 32
Niced 472 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disctildeath View Post
Just came along too late in the game, outside of the hype they got from signing a bunch of pros which one didn't help them because most people on a course have no idea who Paul McBeth or Ken Climo is much less the pros they signed who didn't stick around anyway what have they done? Oh they have a driver that is "like" a Destroyer, or a mid that is "like" a Buzzz? Everything now is just cloning the stuff Innova or Discraft has already done while claiming you have some amazing CE-like plastic that isn't anywhere as durable.
I agree that their intro marketing choices were not done well at all. I only have experience with their putters and I love them because they are low profile, beadless (except PA3) and the plastics are awesome.

I also agree that a lot of what they're producing (along with all the other newer companies) are Discraft/Innova clones. Just the state of things today.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 379 Times in 283 Posts

I voted Trilogy, Prodigy, and MVP. Trilogy's plastics seem to quickly lose their out-of-the-box characteristics which does not work for me as I buy durable plastics so that they will stay similar in how they fly for a long time. Prodigy has all sorts of issues that I'm not going to even start on them. MVP's discs seem to be extremely nose sensitive which ment that my shots were all over the course, though they do make good OH discs. I didn't vote Axiom because for some strange reason I dont have the same problem with their discs as I do with MVP's.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 65
Niced 106 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Kastaplast is now distributed by Discs Unlimited as of this week so things are a lot better.
Just got awesome customer service and ordered a bunch of discs!
Clearwater dissipating left the door open, I am glad Discs Unlimited stepped up, they will have a new customer in me now.