Old 07-03-2019, 08:43 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
I’ve only fondled a couple Fuzions. They were definitely domey. The others flatter? Cheers!
SE and Lucid are definitely flatter. Hybrids have a small amount of dome, but I think the Hybrid plastic is much more comfortable for me to grip than the Fuzion regardless of dome or not.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2019, 08:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 269 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseetailor View Post
SE and Lucid are definitely flatter. Hybrids have a small amount of dome, but I think the Hybrid plastic is much more comfortable for me to grip than the Fuzion regardless of dome or not.
Right on. Informative! I currently lean on LX Trespasses for my D driver. Got a small stack of 2018s. But given some thought to trying the raider out (as I’ve mentioned a few times prior in this thread...).

Last question for ya; where’d you score the hybrid? I know that they have some exclusive biofuzions, but never seen a hybrid.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
Last question for ya; where’d you score the hybrid? I know that they have some exclusive biofuzions, but never seen a hybrid.
I did hear Bio Raiders were a part of a player pack for a tournament that may or may not have happened yet. Not sure I'm going to try those; I've never had a good time with Bio anything from DD.

https://1010discs.com/collections/dy...22643913621622 1010 has a good amount still in stock. I think Hybrid Raiders were also a GBO exclusive; I've seen a few pop up on eBay here and there.

If you wanted to give Fuzion Raiders a go I can send you a couple. Just pay for shipping and consider them yours. I should have a couple matching 173g that have only been tossed in a field a couple times.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 26
Niced 391 Times in 237 Posts

How does the Raider feel relative to a Shryke? Would the two molds make a good OS/US combo?
Old 07-03-2019, 10:58 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 176 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseetailor View Post
I did hear Bio Raiders were a part of a player pack for a tournament that may or may not have happened yet. Not sure I'm going to try those; I've never had a good time with Bio anything from DD.

https://1010discs.com/collections/dy...22643913621622 1010 has a good amount still in stock. I think Hybrid Raiders were also a GBO exclusive; I've seen a few pop up on eBay here and there.

If you wanted to give Fuzion Raiders a go I can send you a couple. Just pay for shipping and consider them yours. I should have a couple matching 173g that have only been tossed in a field a couple times.
If he doesn't, I'd take you up on that offer, to compare with my SE
Old 07-04-2019, 11:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 656 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
How does the Raider feel relative to a Shryke? Would the two molds make a good OS/US combo?
For me the Raider is just a tad more overstable than a Shryke. It also doesn't quite have that floaty glide a Shryke does either. You could probably bag both and find uses for both.

Shryke: 13, 6, -2, 2.
Raider: 13, 5, -1, 2.

My Raider doesn't have a really dumpy fade, which I like. Gradual, penetrating fade. I won't call the Raider overstable. I can make it turn if I want, and it doesn't have enough low speed fade for me to consider it beefy. More of a straight disc for me.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-04-2019, 11:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Default Raider

I've found another shot the Raider is really good at.....huge, high anhyzers. I found that if I force the Raider over on a really high anny line that it will bomb. It swoops along in an exaggerated S curve with a reliable finish.

The Raider holds an anny well, and doesn't try to pull out of it too soon.

For me the Raider is like a Trespass, but way less finicky and less prone to random flipping on hard shots.

Last edited by Twmccoy; 07-04-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:18 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
For me the Raider is just a tad more overstable than a Shryke. It also doesn't quite have that floaty glide a Shryke does either. You could probably bag both and find uses for both.

Shryke: 13, 6, -2, 2.
Raider: 13, 5, -1, 2.

My Raider doesn't have a really dumpy fade, which I like. Gradual, penetrating fade. I won't call the Raider overstable. I can make it turn if I want, and it doesn't have enough low speed fade for me to consider it beefy. More of a straight disc for me.
Interesting. So does that mean that a Champ Shryke and Fuzion Raider are pretty similar? So stability would go Lucid Raider > Fuzion Raider = Champ Shryke > Star Shryke > G* Shryke?
Old 07-04-2019, 10:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Interesting. So does that mean that a Champ Shryke and Fuzion Raider are pretty similar? So stability would go Lucid Raider > Fuzion Raider = Champ Shryke > Star Shryke > G* Shryke?
I've only thrown a Fuzion Raider, but I'd agree it feels quite a bit like a champion Shryke.

Champion Shrykes can take a surprising amount of arm and not flip. I also think they glide a hair less than star or G* Shrykes.

I'd like to try a Lucid Raider and see how they compare. I'm really digging the Fuzion one though.

Niced: (1)

Old 07-04-2019, 11:01 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I've only thrown a Fuzion Raider, but I'd agree it feels quite a bit like a champion Shryke.

Champion Shrykes can take a surprising amount of arm and not flip. I also think they glide a hair less than star or G* Shrykes.

I'd like to try a Lucid Raider and see how they compare. I'm really digging the Fuzion one though.
Cool, good to know. I've got a gift card to burn at the local shop, and plan to use it testing out potential replacements for my Ballista and Ballista Pros. I'm wanting something faster than Wraith class but not quite as wide-rimmed as the Ballista class. Raider and Shryke will get first crack if they feel good in the hand -- Raider seems like a potential Ballista Pro replacement and Shryke seems like a Ballista replacement. Although I'm planning to pick up both a Glow Champ Shryke and Star Shryke, so if the plastic variant is big enough than I might be able to replace both Ball/Ball Pro with just that one mold.