Old 07-03-2019, 12:39 PM

Years Playing: 0.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 7 Times in 2 Posts
Default New to the game and site

Hello fellow disc golfers! I found this site after googling how to build a disc rake. I've thrown a couple in the lake, and some of the people who rake the lake do not return your discs. I'm 57 and I'm 8 months into the game. A friend I surf with turned me on to the game, and I'm hooked. I'm in NE Florida and have 2 courses very close and play as often as I can. I have a bag full of discs, a couple putters, 4 mids, and about 10 drivers ( I'm trying to find the best driver) but have discovered I need most on them to shape my shots. I did get my first ace (short 160') about 3 months into the game. I'm throwing about 300' on my longest drives, and my approach (scramble) seems to be the strongest part of my game. I'm working on getting more distance, so I watch a lot of tutorials and competitions for the info as well as the love of the game. Thanks for having me, and looking forward to learning more.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2019, 01:43 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 42 Times in 25 Posts

Welcome to the boards, sport, hobby, obsession....two words....
Sidearm approach. It really really helps. I use my Harp for those and wow, have my approaches gotten pinpoint with them.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-03-2019, 10:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

Right on man welcome to the party! It's a great sport and good community. Get a Comet (I do and I love em), throw a teebird (I guess, but I don't), tell Sonic guy to f*** his hat and you're all set! Like you've been here forever!

Old 07-09-2019, 06:11 AM

Niced 7 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks! I'm working on my sidearm and it's coming along but I'm guilty of not putting in the field work. My son has a sweet 250' 1 finger sidearm that's so smooth it drives me crazy.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:16 AM

Niced 7 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Right on man welcome to the party! It's a great sport and good community. Get a Comet (I do and I love em), throw a teebird (I guess, but I don't), tell Sonic guy to f*** his hat and you're all set! Like you've been here forever!
Thanks man! I've met some good people and I raked a disc out of the lake and it was the guy who runs the league here in town, so I'm now dubbed as a good dude who returns discs lol. I have a 178g Big Z Comet. That's the one I got my ace with. Great thing about the game is it doesn't cost an arm and leg to get into and play.

Niced: (2)

Old 07-19-2019, 10:28 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 23 Times in 15 Posts

Welcome