He needed moar b33f!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2015, 01:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 665 Times in 388 Posts

And now that I've watched that video, he also appears to be considering more Star Teebirds, which could also make him loads of money along with the champ T3 as a sig disc. Gator is out in favor of an OS champ Roc3. I believe he also said the Star Roc3 was the most OS Roc3 he's thrown, so that could get more of his Gator shots as well. I'm also guessing that between MF Thunderbirds and Monsters, the C-PD in his bag is in some serious danger of being eliminated if he wants to go all-sig discs.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,517 Times in 1,600 Posts

He certainly moves discs, so it makes sense. I never saw mention of Monsters before that ITB came out, and then suddenly people were wondering what they were like. Also how quickly his new Destroyers and Grand Slams got interest just because of the stamp.

On the other hand, he has consistently said for some time that he has some difficulties with Firebirds, even if to us it looks like he throws them just fine. I'm sure he throws what he wants as him being in #1 spot all the time is more important than if he's throwing a disc with KC's name on it or a Discmania putter (that still has his own name though). He's done minor changes like throw a Mako if he doesn't have a beat Roc3 or throw a PD2 if he doesn't have the right Destroyer, but the core stuff is always the same.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.3
Courses Played: 63
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,149 Times in 398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Maybe he just didnt like looking for flat ones

talk about overrated discs

(and I currently bag 3 Firebirds)
Old 11-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,017 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
And now that I've watched that video, he also appears to be considering more Star Teebirds, which could also make him loads of money along with the champ T3 as a sig disc. Gator is out in favor of an OS champ Roc3. I believe he also said the Star Roc3 was the most OS Roc3 he's thrown, so that could get more of his Gator shots as well. I'm also guessing that between MF Thunderbirds and Monsters, the C-PD in his bag is in some serious danger of being eliminated if he wants to go all-sig discs.
I agree with you. McBeth said in the video that he likes flat discs. And what with the Roc3, Mako3 and now Teebird3 in his bag, methinks he's walking that talk.

I remember in a previous ITB some time ago that he said that the only time we'd see him throwing his Gator would be when he was in a real trouble spot. That may have been for the course he was playing or more generally, but he if has an overstable Roc3 and feels it meets the needs his Gator was doing, then I understand that change.

On the Mako3, he uses that for shots to go right but also on anny shots around obstacles on upshot/approaches. I'd have no problem with a McBeth 4x (and grand slam) Mako3...

I agree with your earlier post that he's got a bag full of sig discs in the back of his mind. Can't blame him for that. But at the same time, he's not going to try to use things that are of no use to him: above all else, he wants to WIN.

Last, but not least, someone said he liked the Max. My contention is that if he liked it that much, it would suddenly not be OOP anymore. It's my suspicion and guess that he likes the distance and beef of the Monster over the FB, and if it becomes a sig disc, all the better for him.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:16 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretdance03 View Post
McBeth drives a Dodge muscle car?? Never would've guessed that even if you told me the price point. Dodge must be a sponsor...
Old 11-23-2015, 09:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 20
Niced 73 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Esra View Post
McBeth drives a Dodge muscle car?? Never would've guessed that even if you told me the price point. Dodge must be a sponsor...
I think it's always provided by Innova. It's usually got an Innova wrap.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 50
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark996 View Post
I think it's always provided by Innova. It's usually got an Innova wrap.
I strongly doubt it. The MSRP on his new dodge is 50K.

He had a nice one in 2014. He traded it in for that gigantic truck he used to pull his trailer for his 2015 tour.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:10 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,090 Times in 733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbmercil View Post
I strongly doubt it...
whachu talking about?! few runs of McWhateverXYZ and its a done deal reagardless if he takes the checks and does it or what lol.

dude is on point for sure! trading whips is just part of the playa game ayyyyyyye.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 352 Times in 221 Posts

Why is that star roc so over stable?