Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 31 Times in 22 Posts

any profile pics?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2016, 10:08 PM

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 112
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

A4 has a TON of glide. Maybe the most I've seen for a disc it's speed. It has a funky rim but doesn't feel bad in the hand at all. Felt like a slightly altered Zone
Old 10-21-2016, 10:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 553 Times in 405 Posts

ALIIIIIIIVE!
Old 10-25-2016, 10:46 AM
* Ace Member *

I picked up an A4 recently to test out.
It was 400G 174g White w/ black stamp.

The disc itself is very low profile and flat. There is minimal shape to it. Looks very square on the edge. It has a small notch on the underside of the rim and a decent sized bead at the edge. These two almost even each other out as the grip is very flat/flush. So, the disc feels comfortable to grip in almost any way. A nice solid feel to it.
The flight was as expected, but I was still impressed. I would give it Flight #'s 4/4/-0.5/1.25 Overall very straight flight on a mostly even/flat release with 85% power throw. Has a slight turn over, but not much unless you want it to by giving it a little anhyzer angle or more power. It did have a confident small hyzer fade in the end. I placed this on some very straight throws and nice small hyzers. It is something that you can throw with some power and not worry about a huge turnover (though if you throw it in certain ways it would be a nice anhyzer disc as well). I threw it on some 'Buzzz'-type shots. The A4 flew fairly similar.
For my short range discs I use a mix...but of my recent line-up I would put the A4 right in the middle of a Proxy and an Envy. It flew closer to the Envy. Very similar. The Envy has a little more glide and seems to be a little more overstable overall. Similar Speed, similar shot types you'd use it for. Envy may be more like an "A3.5" if using Prodigy terms....if that makes sense.
I liked the A4. Even more than I thought I would. I like that it is more confidently stable than my Atom or Proxy. Nice all around approach disc. Ranges of 100-225ft work well.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 48
Niced 784 Times in 533 Posts

Can you compare it to an Opto Pure?
Old 10-25-2016, 11:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 49
Niced 458 Times in 310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Very flat and low profile, like a Pure, but with an anti-bead. (see bottom of post) The flight will be considerably more overstable than a Pure, and a noticeably faster. I'd put it around 3.5/4/-1/2

The A4 is a pretty unique disc and I would actually put it as more of a midrange than putter. I'm no rocket arm and can still push this out to about 280' on a good pull. In comparison, I put a Judge and Wizard out to about 250' and an MD3 or M1 out to about 300'.

I received my 750 A4 from Infinite's VIP club and didn't even want to throw it at first because of the weird lip. However, after seeing/hearing more people talk about it, I gave it a shot and was actually quite impressed. It's really a fantastic disc. The anti-bead didn't bother my grip at all and it flew easy hyzerflip to fade shots, flex lines, or big dumb hyzers with relative ease and was able to get more distance than my putters. However, I found it had too much overlap between my mids and putters and I didn't end up bagging it. But, if you're looking for a faster driving putter, I would definitely look into an A4.

Aforementioned Anti-Bead:

Old 10-25-2016, 12:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I can, thankfully I have used both.

Pure is more putter-like feeling. I think the Pure is more understable at high speeds.
The pure may be a tick slower but with a little more glide.

A4 is thinner (I think by feel, I have not put them side-by-side) more of a mid-style flight than the puttery flight of the pure. They are likely similar to most people, but to me I'd say the Pure is less trusty on straight powered shots. OR to say that the Pure takes smooth anhyzer lines easier. depends on how you look at it.

I've use an Opto Pure 175 and GL 172 - my A4 was 400G a74g

Niced: (1)
Old 12-28-2016, 12:05 PM
* Ace Member *

300 A4 is nice in this winter weather.

Flight is a liiiittttle different than the 400G. 174g same weight as my other. It seems a little thinner in general, had more dome in the middle but it has worked in and isn't as bubbly as it was when I got it (which didn't make me happy)
Fight # about 4/3/-1/1.5 Takes moderate power well and flies more like 4/3/0/2 when given 75% or less / touch shots.
I assume the 300 will beak in eventually, but for now I hope it stays nice n' stable.

Though I have an abundance of putter/appraoch discs that not only I have, but that I like and bag. The A4 is like a more LSS Atom. The A2....well, its really OS even in 300, like the 400A1, just really OS. The Envy is still solid and isn't going anywhere, but would like to see it in electron plastic (baseline)
For now rocking 300 A2, Envy, 300 A4, Atom for my short range throwers. - Only the Envy is in 'premium' plastic, its ok for winter, but would prefer baseline.

300 Pa3 for main putting duties and for slow/glideless approach/putt - RDG Serpent and Element iridium. lotta discs. But im an addict...so.......its ok.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 61

I think its time to give one of these a try in 400g

Old 07-17-2018, 11:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 61

Finally got a couple in 400g.. the feel is similar to a gator or A3. Will be trying them out this weekend.