Old 06-25-2018, 09:50 AM

Courses Played: 6
Niced 10 Times in 4 Posts
Default Gateway wizard evo p

I have been putting with an rff and 4s wizard and bought an evo p wizard online. How does it compare and what does it feel like. I kinda like a soft flexible type putter. I prefer the rff over 4s but like both a good bit. I also have a sss but it's a little stiff for me. It's purple.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2018, 11:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 723 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
I have been putting with an rff and 4s wizard and bought an evo p wizard online. How does it compare and what does it feel like. I kinda like a soft flexible type putter. I prefer the rff over 4s but like both a good bit. I also have a sss but it's a little stiff for me. It's purple.
Evo P is a premium star like plastic. Theyre calling it just platinum now i think. Not great for putting
Old 06-25-2018, 02:48 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 141 Times in 85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Evo P is a premium star like plastic. Theyre calling it just platinum now i think. Not great for putting
He’s right about it being star like plastic and now only being called Platinum. From what I’ve noticed, “Evo” or “Evolution” refers to any of their premium plastics. They currently offer 2 Evo plastics: Platinum (opaque) and Diamond (translucent).

FWIW, the premium plastics don’t seem to be more OS than their baseline counterparts. So it may still be OK to putt with stability-wise, as long as you’re okay with the feel of the plastic.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:30 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 788 Times in 376 Posts

I don't putt with Evolution Wizards, but have thrown them, and consider them to be a bit less high speed stable than PWP Wizards and Soft Wizards (when all are new).

The Evolution plastic on Wizards is fairly soft and grippy (but, not as flexible as rff or ssss), so it might be pretty good at catching chains.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 208
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 298 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
I don't putt with Evolution Wizards, but have thrown them, and consider them to be a bit less high speed stable than PWP Wizards and Soft Wizards (when all are new).

The Evolution plastic on Wizards is fairly soft and grippy (but, not as flexible as rff or ssss), so it might be pretty good at catching chains.
Depends on the run. I've thrown plenty of Evo Wizards that are more overstable in flight than any of the base plastic ones I've tried. You just have to pay attention to the shoulder/height of the disc. The flatter ones fly straighter out of the box and beat into turnover discs, the taller ones fly more overstable and beat into stable.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 30
Niced 237 Times in 122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
I putt with a Wizard and did not like the Evo P plastic for putting at all. Didn't really like it as a throwing putter either!

Find one in RDG's fossil (not to be confused with fossil fuel - which I don't like as much) plastic and thank me later. They're available on RDG's site as we speak. While you're there, pick up one of the new Stegos for all of your short utility needs

Last edited by etdefender19; 06-25-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 161
Niced 1,146 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdefender19 View Post
I putt with a Wizard and did not like the Evo P plastic for putting at all. Didn't really like it as a throwing putter either!

Find one in RDG's fossil (not to be confused with fossil fuel - which I don't like as much) plastic and thank me later. They're available on RDG's site as we speak. While you're there, pick up one of the new Stegos for all of your short utility needs
Fossil Wizards are decent. Not super consistent though -- there are somewhat-stiffer ones that are quite nice and reasonably OS to start. And softer ones that are very low profile and pretty flippy off the shelf.

Wish we could get that OG first run Scale fossil plastic back.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post

I have a Diamond thats exactly even in HSS to PWP plastic. PWP is by far the best plastic they make. IMO.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdefender19 View Post

Way to sell it! I already have my OS putter covered but thanks for the advice. The fossil Lizard Wizards are nice but Im a PWP for life kinda golfer.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 24
Niced 404 Times in 229 Posts

The disc in my profile pic is an Evo wizard and I’m not a fan. I putt with glow or $$$ or $$$ superglow wizards.
The Evo could be good for throwing but I prefer a lower profile. This disc has such a high shoulder it feels like a completely different disc than any other wizard I’ve grabbed. As far as putting I described it when it was new as putting with a super ball. It is star like plastic but very bouncy and rubbery. I wondered how it might break in but I dont know if I would get to that point of use with it.