Niced 1,996 Times in 1,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muptonfish View Post
Quick Bag Update

Putters
175g McPro Aviar (putting)
175g DX Polecat (long putts/approach)
175g Yeti Aviar (driving putter)
175g R-Pro Rhyno (FH, approach) - also have a DX I'm trying to beat in (super OS currently)

Mids
175g DX Cobra -
180g DX Roc - fairly new (lost the older beat in one to a pond)
175g Star Mako 3 - understable
175g DX Gator -OS, FH

Fairways
175g DX Cheetah - Hyzer flipper
172g DX Leopard - have hardly thrown this lately maybe a candidate to take out
166g DX Teebird - straight flyer (probably accounts for 2/3 of my drives)
169g Champ Teebird - stable

175g DX Thunderbird - FH, utility
168g DX Sidewinder - still experimenting, getting better with it but still have more confidence in the Teebirds
Very solid bag. I could take a lot of this bag out to the course and have a lot of fun with it.

Happy to see that Polecat in the bag.

Does your Cheetah and Leopard overlap? Especially since you're hyzer flipping the Cheetah?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2019, 11:41 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 17 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Very solid bag. I could take a lot of this bag out to the course and have a lot of fun with it.

Happy to see that Polecat in the bag.

Does your Cheetah and Leopard overlap? Especially since you're hyzer flipping the Cheetah?
Thanks! The Cheetah and Leo probably overlap a bit, I tend to throw the Cheetah on tighter wooded holes, where as I use the leo on more open holes. The only shot that the leo can do that the cheetah can't is a longer turnover shot that I occasionally use on 2 holes. The Cheetah will still come back left but the Leo will not.
The Leo is definitely a candidate to get taken out, I have a bit of a soft spot for it. It was the first disc I felt I could actually intentionally throw different shots with.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,996 Times in 1,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muptonfish View Post
Thanks! The Cheetah and Leo probably overlap a bit, I tend to throw the Cheetah on tighter wooded holes, where as I use the leo on more open holes. The only shot that the leo can do that the cheetah can't is a longer turnover shot that I occasionally use on 2 holes. The Cheetah will still come back left but the Leo will not.
The Leo is definitely a candidate to get taken out, I have a bit of a soft spot for it. It was the first disc I felt I could actually intentionally throw different shots with.
Cool beans. The reason I asked is because I have a 175g DX Cheetah that I got at a clearance sale. I like the disc a lot Only problem is that it's a 'tweener', with the Leopard3 flying a bit longer (my Leo3 flies longer than my Leopards, too), and I can push my Pink Panther a little harder for Cheetah-'ish' shots if I need to. (Side note: my Pink Panther has a relatively high PLH and is not as understable as many of today's domey Panthers.)

I still might sneak my Cheetah back in the bag as part of my 'DX plan' (where I throw cheap discs near water or other places where the DG gods might claim sacrifice).
Old 07-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Bogey Member

A bit of an up and down week of DG for me. Harmony Bends is playable now after all the flooding, shot my personal best (red tees) of 2 under, unfortunately #18 cost me my beloved Cheetah. It hit the very top edge of the creek bed and rolled down. Ugh. Very muddy to fish it out, so I took a risk to leave it and go back for it the next day with appropriate footwear and it was gone

Putters
175g R-Pro Rhyno (FH, approach) - also have a DX I'm trying to beat in (super OS currently)

Mids
175g DX Cobra -
175g DX Gator -OS, FH

Fairways
172g DX Cheetah - New, still needs beat in to get it where I want it
170g DX Leopard - new as well, as me previous one met is hanging out in a pond after an ill-advised turnover
169g Champ Teebird - stable

168g DX Sidewinder - still experimenting, getting better with it but still have more confidence in the Teebirds

Almost bought a Star Lion to try out but I promised my wife I was only going to replace my lost Cheetah.

Niced: (1)

Old 07-23-2019, 02:27 PM
Bogey Member

Played for the 1st time in a couple weeks last night at Harmony Bends (red), started off poorly but managed to fight back and finish 1 under. The Bag is basically unchanged from a few weeks ago.

Putters
175g R-Pro Rhyno (FH, approach) - I haven't been clicking with this the last few rounds, not sure if its me or the disc, seems to have lost some stability

Mids
175g DX Cobra -
175g DX Gator -OS, FH

Fairways
172g DX Cheetah - New, still needs beat in to get it where I want it
170g DX Leopard - new as well, as me previous one met is hanging out in a pond after an ill-advised turnover
169g Champ Teebird - stable (didn't bag this yesterday and didn't miss it, considering taking it out for a new DX 175g TBird

168g DX Sidewinder - feeling more comfortable with it, still using it on more open holes but I am getting more distance out of it