Old 09-16-2009, 08:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Should I hand me down PAST favorite discs?

So I have a 150 boss R Pro comming and I was thinking of my other 2 150 class discs I hyzer flip. A DX Leopard and a DX Valkarie. The Leopard will flip and keep going right no matter what I do but the Valk, I can still put a really sharp hyzer angle and make it do its thing without carrying right, but has gotten inconsistant.

SO, I am hoping the Boss is much more stable than the Valk or Leopard and was thinking of giving the Valk to my fiance, who already has a 150 DX leopard and judging from what I have seen from my leopard to my Valk, the Valk should give her a little more distance.

Then, was thinking of giving the Leopard to my son who is 8. He doesnt play very often but all he has is the real cheap starter set, I cant even remember the brand but it came with a generic driver, mid and putter, and thats pretty much all it says on the top of them.

Both of these really seem like a no brainer but I am just wondering if the Boss will take their place to make it a little easier to let go. They are only DX plastic after all and I intend on discs that become my favorites, to get them in Champ eventually.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think you should hand them down... to me! I'll send you my address....haha!

But seriously, if you aren't going to use them, handing them down to another player (like your son) is a great way to spread interest in the sport. Just like the tobacco industry- hook 'em while they're young and impressionable...haha!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 77
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The boss is quite the step up from the Valkyrie. I would throw it around before you make your move.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Thats the tough part. My Valk has gotten un-predictable as I really have to hyzer it. Then, if I get good snap on it, it will be no better than the leopard.

I will probably start the Boss with a level throw and see what happens, then adjust from that and as it breaks in.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would wait until I tried the new disc first, to make sure I didn't need or want the other two any longer. I'm not sure the Valk will give your gf longer distance, it depends on whether she can handle it or not. Why not let her just try it out on a couple of rounds first, to see if she likes it, or wants it.
Let your son thow the 150 Leopard & see how that goes as well. If he can handle it, that would be a good disc for him, although he probably only needs to be throwing something like a Shark, rather then a distance driver. I'd start out really light for someone who is only 8 years old, lighter then 150.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 51
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a friend who got a 150 Surge. He had a little more time on his hands so he got a little better than me. He used that disc for a while until he kept turning it over. He passed it on to me and I have been using it while I have caught up in skill levels. I have noticed that the Surge has been turning over much more for me so it may be time to hand it down.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

I guess it isnt much of a question of if they would throw it. I think I am just hesitating as I once loved the discs but have outgrown them.

Really, they have been replaced with my 166 Monarch as my favorite disc but just cautious on if I need that hyzer flip throw and suddenly dont have anything to fall back to.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 AM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 230
Niced 15 Times in 6 Posts

For sure get rid of the valk. It sounds like you have outgrown it. As for the leapard, I would wait to see how the boss does for you before you give up something you feel accurate with. The boss will eventually become more understable as you hit a few trees. = )

Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 22
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

You should definately pass them them down, but wait until you know that you no longer need them. Sometimes a new disc just doesn't feel right and no one wants to be an indian giver.