Old 06-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default MVP Wave

Couple of reviews popped up in other threads. Time for its own thread.

Personally I am eagerly awaiting Onemoremile's review.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2015, 01:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 522 Times in 323 Posts

I had a second field session with them today. There were some weird crosswinds though. They were turning a little harder than last night, but I thin it's from the wind coming in left to right and pushing them when they hit the high speed turn part of the flight.

From what I've seen so far they live up to the longer Inertia description. I feel like these are going to be the longest MVP driver for me once I get them dialed in. At least in calm conditions. Just stupid amounts of hang time on a powered hyzer flip.

Threw a few rollers with them today too. Fell in love with them for that role pretty quick after sending one about 535'. In my practice field there's a fence 560' out and I was about 25, 20' shy of it on my best Wave roller.

Determined to hit that fence when I film a field test vid. Roller or air shot, I don't care, I just want to hit that damn thing already haha.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-20-2015, 02:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,943 Times in 2,096 Posts

Is it Friday yet?
Old 06-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Crush the fence!
Old 06-22-2015, 08:53 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,090 Times in 733 Posts

I felt like it was a little too windy today to get a good feel for what this disc can do. First impressions remind me of a faster insanity really. Mine have a SLIGHT dome (all of them in the order were on point) with the lighter weights having a little less HSS. I expected the disc to be a little more stable like a longer inertia but also might just have been the crazy winds today swirling around and trying to really mash on it which didn't help. Its a long flying glidey distance driver but not sure where it will fit in my bag right now. I think lower power players will really like the lighter weight versions for some solid distance drives but definitely need to take it out on a longer course on a calmer day to see what its capable of. Reminded me a lot of throwing the lighter 134 fission photon but obviously felt much better as a heavier traditional weight in my bag.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,996 Times in 1,493 Posts

I've pre-ordered mine. Looking forward to getting it...
Old 06-22-2015, 08:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,943 Times in 2,096 Posts

Old 06-22-2015, 09:09 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,090 Times in 733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I feel like it is going to bomb. just need to dial in that proper amount of hyzer. Was getting some huge flex shots with a steep hyzer release and then long rollers with a little anny so little touchy but again the winds were crazy today and I wouldn't generally use a disc like this in that case. At least the slower speeds don't get jacked around as early or quickly like high speed drivers do you lose all the control in the big winds with a lot of faster understable stuff so its why I always liked 9ish speeds.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 177 Times in 117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
That is awesome

Old 06-22-2015, 09:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 217 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I felt like it was a little too windy today to get a good feel for what this disc can do. First impressions remind me of a faster insanity really. Mine have a SLIGHT dome (all of them in the order were on point) with the lighter weights having a little less HSS. I expected the disc to be a little more stable like a longer inertia but also might just have been the crazy winds today swirling around and trying to really mash on it which didn't help. Its a long flying glidey distance driver but not sure where it will fit in my bag right now. I think lower power players will really like the lighter weight versions for some solid distance drives but definitely need to take it out on a longer course on a calmer day to see what its capable of. Reminded me a lot of throwing the lighter 134 fission photon but obviously felt much better as a heavier traditional weight in my bag.
I like the longer Insanity comp, and it doesn't surprise me. I feel like the MVP 21.5 mm class has the similar rounded shape that the Axiom 20 mm class has, as opposed to sharing the flat top of the MVP 20 mm class. Makes them more comfy in the hand and a bit glidier, in my experience.

Still working on consistently dialing in the Wave, but hit it right and it goes boom.