Old 07-29-2020, 09:47 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Distance driver question

Hi guys, I've been playing for a year now and just started breaking 400 ft.. I can get 380 on a semi regular basis throwing 90%-95% strength with a Lat 64 Halo ( feel like its semi comparable to a wraith). The part that I'm curious with is how a brand new Inova Destroyer, or DD Raider, or Discmania DD3 would behave for most people with 350-400ft of power? Seems like anytime I touch those I get about 310-330ft of distance unless I intentionally put them on a flex line. Are they normally incredibly difficult to turn over with raw power? Do you guys/professionals get them to flex naturally out of the gate on a flat line? I also always feel like I leave with my arm hurting after throwing those for a while because I try my best to rip them with 100% effort (maybe not power) due to probably bad form at that point to get some sort of turn out of them. But I definitely feel like those disc's leave my hands laughing when thrown with my 380ft of power...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2020, 10:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 419 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Sir View Post
Hi guys, I've been playing for a year now and just started breaking 400 ft.. I can get 380 on a semi regular basis throwing 90%-95% strength with a Lat 64 Halo ( feel like its semi comparable to a wraith). The part that I'm curious with is how a brand new Inova Destroyer, or DD Raider, or Discmania DD3 would behave for most people with 350-400ft of power? Seems like anytime I touch those I get about 310-330ft of distance unless I intentionally put them on a flex line. Are they normally incredibly difficult to turn over with raw power? Do you guys/professionals get them to flex naturally out of the gate on a flat line? I also always feel like I leave with my arm hurting after throwing those for a while because I try my best to rip them with 100% effort (maybe not power) due to probably bad form at that point to get some sort of turn out of them. But I definitely feel like those disc's leave my hands laughing when thrown with my 380ft of power...
Fuzion Raiders are my best, most consistent distance disc, but I only throw them 320-325 or so consistently (flat ground, sea level, slight forced flex line), occasionally/rarely as far as 350

Old 07-29-2020, 11:21 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,092 Times in 908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Sir View Post
That type of Destroyer type mold is from most manufactures varies from heavy OS to an easier to use OS Even from Discraft.