Old 07-19-2020, 04:37 PM

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azplaya25 View Post
I have a star eagle that was super beefy when new and has now beat in it almost identical flights to my dx eagles. Didn’t you mentioned you had a newer star? Why not just beat that thing in? It’ll stay in that “dx sweet spot” for way longer
Yeah, that's what I was/am doing. But breaking it (old one) in took quite some time and I passed the right moment to buy fresh one. Also fresh one has the flight path that I do not need that often. Therefore idea of picking something instantly useful off the shelf appealed to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2020, 11:02 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 59 Times in 32 Posts

If they ever make them again (sigh) and I don't buy them all before you, try a 163-165g S-Line FD.

It's not a massive difference from max weight, but for me it cuts down on the "oops too much hyzer" that happens when trying to lace a hyzer-flip down a tight ~325 fairway.

That said, if you're throwing nose-up, it's going to be real tough (and maybe detrimental to your development) to find THE fairway driver. Even if you find something that's perfect right now, if you ever start fixing your nose-up release, this hypothetical THE fairway will discourage that improvement by flipping too much. (It'll fly wrong when you throw it right. Not great.)

Anywho, you might be able to change your life by doing field work and rounds with something like a Comet.

Niced: (1)

Old 08-01-2020, 05:41 PM

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midairmatthew View Post
Anywho, you might be able to change your life by doing field work and rounds with something like a Comet.
Well, I'll be damned.. but I did just that. Dug out my two esp comets and threw putters and mids. I could throw them (comets) alright, no turning and burning. But they do not thrive on power so I tried to be smoother.

Today I played a round on my home course and gave River a chance as hyzerflip fairyway. It behaved just as I described fresh dx Eagle, flipped easily, but only turned over little bit, if at all. All that while flying further than ever before.

To cut gospel down abit I'll add that I do quite alot of putter/mid rounds and disc down in general. Probably I've become better technically since I deemed River useless as hyzerflip disc (for me), I just did not give it new chance. Same thing actually happened to my Mako3 once, at one point it was unusably flippy, had tendency to turn over and burn and thus went to sit in shelf. It's plenty stable now.

I shall continue using Comets though, can't hurt.

Niced: (1)