Old 08-05-2020, 10:16 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 113
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 146 Times in 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
This is actually what I was referring to, also. I just didn't want to give away the secret. LOL.
Hey, maybe more people will join VIP and we can get some activity on the PIF and trade threads... Maybe even get back to having the super cool Secret Santa exchange!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Old 08-05-2020, 10:48 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 36.6
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 115 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
How do you think Peoria would work in disc golf? Any experience? To me it seems like a poor fit. In a sport where basically every hole is a par 3 I feel like the random 6 holes would be very random in how they sample birdies. We also have a much lower total number of shots so each single stroke sampled counts for so much more.
I have used the Peoria system in my handicap league. All players establishing get put in this pool. The reasoning is that I want them to have something on the line when establishing their handicap and this way everyone also pays the same entry fee. It is also impossible to game this system unless you know the holes ahead of time. It works out to be completely random which is what is needed if we are going to do some kind of completely blind online tourney. If we go strictly with round ratings, the best players wins, which eliminates many players from being able to compete.