Old 11-20-2017, 05:10 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 40 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
My thoughts exactly---I'm glad someone on this board thinks like me!!!

But, unfortunately, although we make 6 digit salaries every month, teacher pay doesn't last as long as you would think...so I had to settle on the following bag, at least until my wife buys my Christmas presents (then I hope to move to some premium plastics): Judge, Mirage, Pure, Slammer, Stratus, Comet, Truth, Roc, Leopard, Leopard3, Teebird.

TripleB
Comet, Roc, Leopard, Teebird are proven molds that compliment each other nicely. I have no experience with your others but I'd say you have a solid bag to learn the sport. Wish I had focused on a core line up a little more when I was getting started.

I'm an older guy as well. 18 months in and making slow, steady progress. Kinda doubt either of us will ever be crushing Destroyers 500' though.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-20-2017, 05:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 8
Niced 559 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
My thoughts exactly---I'm glad someone on this board thinks like me!!!

But, unfortunately, although we make 6 digit salaries every month, teacher pay doesn't last as long as you would think...so I had to settle on the following bag, at least until my wife buys my Christmas presents (then I hope to move to some premium plastics): Judge, Mirage, Pure, Slammer, Stratus, Comet, Truth, Roc, Leopard, Leopard3, Teebird.

TripleB
Good bag (except the Comet, of course ).

Old 11-20-2017, 08:38 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Niced 98 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Good bag (except the Comet, of course ).
There are 2 holes where the flight of the Comet, if throw around 60%, is perfect. Goes straight a little ways on a low line and then slowly fades hugging the trees that line the fairway.

TripleB
Old 11-20-2017, 09:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 8
Niced 559 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
There are 2 holes where the flight of the Comet, if throw around 60%, is perfect. Goes straight a little ways on a low line and then slowly fades hugging the trees that line the fairway.

TripleB
Yeah, I'm just messin' with ya (and all Comet lovers) about the Comet. If you like it, have fun with it.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Niced 98 Times in 40 Posts

Had a chance to play a longer more wide open course today for the first time...did not expect the Stratus to come in very handy because of the openness of the course (very few trees, a hand full on each hole, nothing like the 80 per hole on the other two courses I have played). Boy was I wrong! The few trees per hole on the course were very well placed. Several times I needed a straight shot with a slight right turn at the end with my RHBH...the Stratus was money! Definitely a savior for this RHBH only player. Thought about trying out a Meteor but I think I'll stick with the Stratus after seeing what it did for me today!!!

Just a quick question: my Stratus is 166g. I ordered it that way thinking maybe the right turn would happen easier with my slower arm speed if I went with a lighter weight. I'm wondering now if I should have went heavier for stopping power around the target....what would going up to a 175g Stratus do to the flight of the Stratus compared to my 166g?

Thanks again for all the input about this disc....other than my Leo3 this may just be my favorite disc in the bag!

TripleB