Old 06-25-2015, 11:59 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 315 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I've been trying to get some Daredevil and and actually thinking about buying a bunch from them. This is a good call.

Looks like retools of the Sabertooth and Timberwolf, not 100% though.

Good detective work!
Both of those molds are fantastic flyers. I'm really impressed with these discs. I'm working on tweaking plastics and potentially minor adjustments to the wings but overall the molds are close to what we want to add to our lineup.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2015, 12:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 34
Niced 168 Times in 108 Posts

Im in a quandary about these discs. I really wanted baseline mids or baseline polecat, (I mean lid from reptilian disc golf...)

To me the selling point to RDG is the "unique molds" that is the scale and serpent. There are sooo many company's churning out discs do we another? Maybe, and RDG track record seems to be catering to the niche/hardcore disc golfers. The scale was unique and in a class with little competition. But to make a this clone or that "type"... Not sure we NEED it like we did the scale!

To me another reason I've been a huge fan of this company is the Fossil fuel plastic... It's Muy Bueno! I like stiff AND grippy plastic and I think it's among the best. But the fossil fuel probably wouldn't work for drivers, besides the partnership looks to be with Daredevil...

About daredevil. That actually makes me excited again! I bought a daredevil timberwolf for a buddy on here and it was one of the best most underrated plastics I think I've felt. It was amazing, to me it was fingerprinty and flexible but champy style. Interested to see this partnership.

So I wanted a lid, but I'm interested in these as well.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:07 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 234 Times in 195 Posts

Haha, I've been on their site a bit the last two weeks and thought the profiles looked close.

You made astute picks IMO and I look forward to doing review videos/ bagging both of these in the near future.

Maybe they can feature in my new "Disc golf Death Battle" vids!
Old 06-26-2015, 12:39 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Ill be completely straight forward on this move...
I too wanted a lid and mid for our next molds. The money required to do that correctly will require a good amount of $.

This project with Daredevil will more be based on cross branding their current offerings instead of overhauling their molds. The timberwolf and sabertooth are already molds that you could build a bag around. A few tweaks and a little RDG input on plastic formulation and I think we will have two fantastic control drivers without investing a huge sum of money into.

With this in mind, the Raptor & Ptero will be HUGE fundraisers for us on our quest for the RDG lid & mid that we ALLLLL want us to make
Old 06-26-2015, 08:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 13
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

^I'm just happy we're going to have new releases from you guys soon. Rough ETA on the when these will drop?
Old 06-26-2015, 10:25 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodysseus View Post
^I'm just happy we're going to have new releases from you guys soon. Rough ETA on the when these will drop?
It will be a little bit but I'll keep everyone posted throughout the journey. I have no interest in rushing out discs bc we all know there are plenty to go around.
I will be testing these protos, devoping our final plastic selection & determining if any mold tweaks are required. Either way I'm excited add a little more range in my RDG only bag lol
Old 06-26-2015, 10:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 45 Times in 41 Posts

Nice - definitely excited to try these out.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
It will be a little bit but I'll keep everyone posted throughout the journey. I have no interest in rushing out discs bc we all know there are plenty to go around.
I will be testing these protos, devoping our final plastic selection & determining if any mold tweaks are required. Either way I'm excited add a little more range in my RDG only bag lol
Is that why you've only made a small bag, so far? when you start producing more molds, will you make bigger bags to hold them all?

I'm still most concerned about when more fossil whizzers will be available... i'm dying to get my hands on one! (and a serpent to go along with it)
Old 06-26-2015, 11:04 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowduc View Post
Is that why you've only made a small bag, so far? when you start producing more molds, will you make bigger bags to hold them all?

I'm still most concerned about when more fossil whizzers will be available... i'm dying to get my hands on one! (and a serpent to go along with it)
Thank you for the support

I don't really ever see us hopping into the big bag market. I've toyed with the idea but there are so many great options out there that can produce bags at cheaper prices & have better warranty abilities. I just have no interest in making a product that folks won't be happy with.

The Scale and Serp have filled to nice niches in the market. I hope that the Raptor & Ptero can do the same. The driver field is pretty crowded but if I can get smooth flights, great plastic and of course... a heavy dose of Reptile Style stamping done, I think they will be hits for us.

Fossil Wizards will happen in large scale. I'm just not sure when. Gateway seems to be under a crunch in terms of production so hopefully they can get us turned around soon.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 17
Niced 23 Times in 19 Posts

Never tried Daredevil Discs before, definitely looking forward to it.

Placed my first order with RDG earlier this week, can't wait for it to get here tomorrow! I had to order some of the Gandalf stamped lil wizards to try out with everything else. Any word on what kind of plastic they are molded in?