#3901  
Old 09-05-2019, 05:11 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,119
Niced 4,368 Times in 2,305 Posts
Default

This happens often at events I've been to. Look for the ratings to even out a bit when they go official.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #3902  
Old 09-05-2019, 05:11 PM
ScottyLove ScottyLove is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 221
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,290
Niced 57 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSyl View Post
Incorrect. Played in a tourney in 2017, shot the same score both rounds, first round was 864, second was 925.
Link to tournament please... I chart every round before and after official ratings and I've NEVER seen them not averaged even when they shouldn't be... like Round 1 of GBO with 45 MPH gusts and Round 3 GBO with no wind on the same course... PDGA averaged the round and same score got same rating.

I'd love to see a link to a tournament that didn't. My rating changes EVERY time unless the layout is NOT used again.
Reply With Quote
  #3903  
Old 09-05-2019, 05:23 PM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,894
Niced 1,071 Times in 595 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
Tell me more about that...
For shotgun starts, inclement weather and conditions are automatically considered because the propagators are playing the same round at the same time you are.

For tee times, if the TD reports to the PDGA of weather changes, and they sometimes take that into account. The exact formula? No idea.
Reply With Quote
  #3904  
Old 09-05-2019, 06:11 PM
roggenb3's Avatar
roggenb3 roggenb3 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Madtown
Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,803
Niced 998 Times in 531 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyLove View Post
Link to tournament please... I chart every round before and after official ratings and I've NEVER seen them not averaged even when they shouldn't be... like Round 1 of GBO with 45 MPH gusts and Round 3 GBO with no wind on the same course... PDGA averaged the round and same score got same rating.

I'd love to see a link to a tournament that didn't. My rating changes EVERY time unless the layout is NOT used again.
I don't understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying that if there's a tournament with the exact same layout both rounds, and you shoot the same score each round, you are guaranteed the same rating for each round? Because that's not how it works.

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/39959

Look at rec, which played the same layout. Great weather round 1, rain and a 1 hour rain delay in round 2. 59 was a 776 in round 1 and an 884 in round 2. Over 100 point difference due to the weather.
Reply With Quote
  #3905  
Old 09-05-2019, 10:32 PM
Hampstead's Avatar
Hampstead Hampstead is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spaceship Earth
Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,299
Niced 1,717 Times in 558 Posts
Default

I have played many tournaments where same score is rated differently between first and second round. I think someone is spreading bad info.

Reply With Quote
  #3906  
Old 09-06-2019, 08:58 AM
krupicka's Avatar
krupicka krupicka is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Naperville, IL
Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 68
Posts: 1,294
Niced 285 Times in 154 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
I have played many tournaments where same score is rated differently between first and second round. I think someone is spreading bad info.
That will almost always happen when you look at Unofficial ratings. When events go official. If the TD marked the same layout in use for both rounds, then unless they are something like 2.5SD different (or something like that) the rounds will be combined and produce the same rating for both rounds.
Reply With Quote
  #3907  
Old 09-06-2019, 09:42 AM
TimSyl TimSyl is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 115
Posts: 782
Niced 291 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyLove View Post
Link to tournament please... I chart every round before and after official ratings and I've NEVER seen them not averaged even when they shouldn't be... like Round 1 of GBO with 45 MPH gusts and Round 3 GBO with no wind on the same course... PDGA averaged the round and same score got same rating.

I'd love to see a link to a tournament that didn't. My rating changes EVERY time unless the layout is NOT used again.
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/30869
Reply With Quote
  #3908  
Old 09-06-2019, 09:54 AM
roggenb3's Avatar
roggenb3 roggenb3 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Madtown
Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,803
Niced 998 Times in 531 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupicka View Post
That will almost always happen when you look at Unofficial ratings. When events go official. If the TD marked the same layout in use for both rounds, then unless they are something like 2.5SD different (or something like that) the rounds will be combined and produce the same rating for both rounds.
The one I linked above is official though and still has 100+ difference.
Reply With Quote
  #3909  
Old 09-06-2019, 10:03 AM
ToddL ToddL is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 146
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 976
Niced 348 Times in 166 Posts
Default

If the two rounds are significantly different for whatever reason (weather, fatigue, random chance), then the rounds might not be combined into a single rating scale for the official ratings. This is pretty rare, but it can happen occasionally.
Reply With Quote
 

  #3910  
Old 09-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Golden Tuna's Avatar
Golden Tuna Golden Tuna is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO.
Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 758
Niced 417 Times in 185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupicka View Post
That will almost always happen when you look at Unofficial ratings. When events go official. If the TD marked the same layout in use for both rounds, then unless they are something like 2.5SD different (or something like that) the rounds will be combined and produce the same rating for both rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
The one I linked above is official though and still has 100+ difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddL View Post
If the two rounds are significantly different for whatever reason (weather, fatigue, random chance), then the rounds might not be combined into a single rating scale for the official ratings. This is pretty rare, but it can happen occasionally.
At what point do the rounds/rating become official? I see that the event is still listed with "unofficial results" on PDGA.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PDGA Ratings Aim For The Chains Tournaments & Leagues 60 03-28-2018 09:29 AM
PDGA Ratings Changes Ermac010 General Disc Golf Chat 15 04-19-2017 04:07 PM
New PDGA Ratings 3/29/11 BIgNik General Disc Golf Chat 7 03-29-2011 02:37 AM
PDGA Ratings unknown2no1 General Disc Golf Chat 2 11-15-2010 09:10 PM
PDGA Ratings harr0140 Tournaments & Leagues 25 04-24-2009 05:22 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.