#1041  
Old 05-09-2022, 02:14 PM
auzcar auzcar is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 163
Niced 64 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Do you ever feel an itch to try something new? Like even the slightest little tingle in your nether regions?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #1042  
Old 05-09-2022, 04:23 PM
ODRB's Avatar
ODRB ODRB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Portland, OR
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,072
Niced 1,349 Times in 675 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auzcar View Post
Do you ever feel an itch to try something new? Like even the slightest little tingle in your nether regions?
Like, new frisbees?

I just swapped Wizards for Invaders, after a decade. So that is new. And I'd love to throw an Animal, if and when Innova molds up some flat ones.

And I toy with a Shryke sometimes in the summer on long courses. I feel stuff up in shops, from time to time, but....


....I'm wholly convinced that practice and familiarity beat gains from new discs. Sure, a Shryke goes a little farther than a Destroyer. But how much does that matter? And what do you sacrifice?

Also, I have lots of Destroyers, Firebirds, SOFs, Roadrunners, Gazelles, Rocs, and Harps. I'm mostly just selling everything else nowadays.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1043  
Old 05-10-2022, 12:46 AM
auzcar auzcar is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 163
Niced 64 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
....I'm wholly convinced that practice and familiarity beat gains from new discs. Sure, a Shryke goes a little farther than a Destroyer. But how much does that matter? And what do you sacrifice?
Oh I 100% agree with that, I'm just just fascinated and impressed with the self control, which I myself certainly do not posess haha.
Reply With Quote
  #1044  
Old 05-12-2022, 07:47 AM
azplaya25's Avatar
azplaya25 azplaya25 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,220
Niced 1,155 Times in 573 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auzcar View Post
Oh I 100% agree with that, I'm just just fascinated and impressed with the self control, which I myself certainly do not posess haha.

OTBR’s in the bag I the most consistent thing in this crazy world we live in. Please don’t ever change


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
  #1045  
Old 05-12-2022, 10:08 AM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: OKC
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,250
Niced 2,131 Times in 1,089 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azplaya25 View Post
OTBR’s in the bag I the most consistent thing in this crazy world we live in. Please don’t ever change


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who is this OTBR that you speak of and where might I find his bag?

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
 

  #1046  
Old 05-12-2022, 12:31 PM
ODRB's Avatar
ODRB ODRB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Portland, OR
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,072
Niced 1,349 Times in 675 Posts
Default

McCormick.

Took tall boots and scoured the pond. No SOF (did find a nice pink Roadrunner, no name or number).

THEN, testing replacement SOFs, I lost another one.

Anyway,

2 Firebirds
3 SOFs (started with 4)
1 Roadrunner
4 Rocs
1 Harp
4 Invaders
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.