Old 01-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 22
Niced 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcAtee View Post
Plus, it's been my experience anything advertised or hyped heavily on facebook is usually low quality.
I haven't seen a ton of different Underground content out there yet, but the Underground Interviews on youtube have been mostly good so far. There have been a couple of disc reviews out there as well. Honestly, basic stuff that has been missing from Discraft the last several years.

They have a junior team member that is making some cute/funny videos. (https://www.facebook.com/bulldogdiscgolf/) Vincent Goodman.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2019, 02:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 669 Times in 348 Posts

I applied on day 1 and never heard anything back. The only people that I have seen get on there have had past sponsorships already. I wouldn't expect anything if you're just a regular joe like I am.

Doesn't really change what I'll throw or branded clothing I'll wear when I play. I just won't be obligated to post on social media about it (even though I do from time to time on instagram/fb)
Old 01-03-2019, 02:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 40
Niced 48 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
I am sure this is a great way to grow the sport, but I am not into the social media stuff. DGCR is my social media. I am more than happy to focus my "grow the sport" attention on running a league and active involvement in my local club. If Discraft Underground drives new players to these endevours, that would be great. We will see how much it does. Discraft has been great to work with, in regards to my club. They have promised wonderful support and sponsorship to growing the game in this area.
Many of the videos are on youtube as well.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-03-2019, 02:33 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 22
Niced 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I applied on day 1 and never heard anything back. The only people that I have seen get on there have had past sponsorships already. I wouldn't expect anything if you're just a regular joe like I am.

Doesn't really change what I'll throw or branded clothing I'll wear when I play. I just won't be obligated to post on social media about it (even though I do from time to time on instagram/fb)
I did as well, but I wasn't expecting anything either.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:42 AM

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 38 Times in 9 Posts

My 9 yr old daughter was picked up on Discraft Underground a couple weeks ago. She's the first Junior girl on the team. She has been throwing Discraft since she started playing last year. Aside from the disc sponsorship its more about social media presence. Something new to her and I. Either way looking forward to this 2019 Season.

https://www.instagram.com/regularzoey/

Niced: (3)
Old 02-07-2019, 10:51 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 357 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frzemtz View Post
My 9 yr old daughter was picked up on Discraft Underground a couple weeks ago. She's the first Junior girl on the team. She has been throwing Discraft since she started playing last year. Aside from the disc sponsorship its more about social media presence. Something new to her and I. Either way looking forward to this 2019 Season.

https://www.instagram.com/regularzoey/
I love the one year later improvement video! She crushes now! My wife is due in a couple of months and what I really want is a disc golf daughter.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 117
Niced 419 Times in 180 Posts

Our club founder applied and is now a member of the Discraft Underground team. He runs a weekly glow league (for 5+ years), runs our club and we host 7-8 tournaments a year with 4-5 being PDGA sanctioned events. We are also members of the MDGO for however many years running. He has thrown Discraft ever since I met him so this was right up his alley. Not sure about social media presence as I dont partake myself.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-08-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Eddy View Post
I love the one year later improvement video! She crushes now! My wife is due in a couple of months and what I really want is a disc golf daughter.
This last tournament she was in. She had a mixed card from M50 down to Novice/Rec players, in 4 out of the 21 holes she out drove them. Its been amazing watching her pick up disc golfing so quick. Sadly I have to admit I don't out drive her by much lol. Lately she has been throwing 160-165g discs and still getting pretty good distance with them.

We also run a bimonthly meet up group for kids called the Junior Chain Smashers here in the Austin,Tx area. Its been slower due to the weather but our next meet up we should have a great turn out. We are feeding all who attend as well as having some prizes to give away to promote the group more. I recently purchased shirts for the ones who have been attending and now with those shirts we are getting more interests.

Old 02-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 20
Niced 52 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frzemtz View Post
This last tournament she was in. She had a mixed card from M50 down to Novice/Rec players, in 4 out of the 21 holes she out drove them. Its been amazing watching her pick up disc golfing so quick. Sadly I have to admit I don't out drive her by much lol. Lately she has been throwing 160-165g discs and still getting pretty good distance with them.

We also run a bimonthly meet up group for kids called the Junior Chain Smashers here in the Austin,Tx area. Its been slower due to the weather but our next meet up we should have a great turn out. We are feeding all who attend as well as having some prizes to give away to promote the group more. I recently purchased shirts for the ones who have been attending and now with those shirts we are getting more interests.
Been following her on IG, it's crazy at 9 what's she's able to do with a disc, if she sticks with it it's gonna be something amazing. You got any of the shirts you can ship up here? I'll buy one.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark996 View Post
Been following her on IG, it's crazy at 9 what's she's able to do with a disc, if she sticks with it it's gonna be something amazing. You got any of the shirts you can ship up here? I'll buy one.
Junior Chain Smasher shirt? I will be putting in another order in the next couple of weeks.

She picked up disc golfing really quick. She really doesn't play as much. She can crush throws but struggles a bit on technical shots like tunnel ones. She is getting better though. She can flick too but doesn't practice it much that she doesn't have confidence on doing it at tournaments.