Old 09-24-2017, 12:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 512 Times in 248 Posts

I hate that Academy pulled Millennium discs from their lineup. They used to keep good quantities of Polaris and JLS, which are the best beginner drivers next to the Leopard.

Now it's just a bunch of Dynamic Discs **** that nobody should ever throw.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Streets; 09-24-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCHyzer View Post
I think that's an error that many beginners, including myself, make - when I picked up an Avenger SS, expecting it to be a speed 6 or 7, only to find out too late find out it was a speed 10 (clearly the product of too much experimentation and not enough research). I've since ordered myself a Leopard in DX plastic in an attempt to bring myself back to where I should be at this point.
Wise decision, Grasshopper (from the 70s series Kung Fu for you youngsters). I keep two Leopards in my bag, one Pro and one DX. Even though DX is said to beat in quickly, remember that it often starts out very stable. For some reason I keep losing DX Leopards and my Pro has been in there for several years to become a right turning machine (that doesn't turn-and-burn easily). So, my DX has the stable Leo spot for now. I thought about (and bought) a Champ Leo, but found that my Pro Gazelle fits that slot nicely and throws easier.