Old 03-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Bump. Anyone else hear about the delivery date estimates? I ordered one last week and they told me the bags would be in production for another three weeks. Saw somewhere else that bags were supposedly being shipping earlier than that. Can't wait to test this thing out. Pics and full review forthcoming, hopefully sooner than later.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 75
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Soon, but not soon enough

I called Mystery ranch today. I asked when these bags were to be shipped and was told, "Most of the bags have come off the production line, however they have not been inspected yet." "They should ship the end of this week or the begining of next week." Well tomorrow would be the end of this week, so I'm guessing they have to be pretty close.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 23
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'd still like to see someone post a profile pic of this bag. it looks like it would stick out a mile from your back. is this the case?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
i'd still like to see someone post a profile pic of this bag. it looks like it would stick out a mile from your back. is this the case?
Fast forward to 6:22 in this video to see how it actually looks on someone's back.

Last edited by hewittdallas; 03-26-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just can't understand how guys can play a round of DG carrying this stuff.

For me, it would be no fun whatsoever carrying a freaking cinder block around....different strokes, I guess.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyZx View Post
I just can't understand how guys can play a round of DG carrying this stuff.

For me, it would be no fun whatsoever carrying a freaking cinder block around....different strokes, I guess.
I don't have a Mahal or want one, but I can understand the desire given the design in this bag. I love backpacking and the yoke on this bag looks amazing. If you are the type of golfer than needs a ton of stuff with you at all times, this setup looks perfect aside from the price tag. But for the rest of us, we have Gorilla Boy!

Old 03-27-2011, 01:33 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 44
Niced 11 Times in 9 Posts

As cool as this looks, I don't think that I could ever use that much space. I actually just "downgraded" from the Lightning Large Tourney bag down to the Large Lite and I am loving it so far. My 16-20 discs (depending on course) fit easily, and you can clip on a towel to the strap clip. I never really needed space for more than my phone, keys, and a little snack, all of which fit just fine in the zippered putter pocket. As long as the bottle holder fits a Nalgene, I'm good.

However, I know that there are people out there who want/need to carry more, and if you are one of them, I could imagine this seeming like a little slice of heaven. It looks like it would ride really well and stand up on hills nicely. Plenty of space for anything you could need, and it looks good too.