Old 07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Mahal

Oh exciting day. Got home from work and the FedEx guys had left my brand new Golf Mahal at the back door. I had forgotten how much fun it is to set up a new bag. I can finally carry all the crap I want with me....can't wait to try it out this weekend.

Bye Bye Innova Tourny bag....hello Comfort Heaven
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 10:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you have that much disposable income available I have some car payments and credit card bills you can help me out with. lolz

any pics of it all locked and loaded?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
If you have that much disposable income available I have some car payments and credit card bills you can help me out with. lolz

any pics of it all locked and loaded?
B-Day present

pics to follow

best made bag I have ever owned
Old 07-08-2010, 11:19 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm sure its a sweet bag but thats a pretty steep price tag
Old 07-08-2010, 11:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 38
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

it was a gift and I say don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
it was a gift and I say don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Exactly....best GF ever. Loaded it up last night. I could easily put 30+ discs in it. As it is, I fully loaded it with 20 discs, coat, pants, 2 full 32 oz water bottles plus sunscreen, hand sanitizer (which is great after you put on sunscreen), pencils, food, etc.

I had more in it than I would normally carry and once the harness yoke was properly adjusted i could not believe how comfortable it was. Walked the dog around the block and all I have to say is Mystery Ranch knows what they are doing. Yes they are expensive, but the bag is guaranteed for life, regardless of who owns it, and the craftsmanship is better than my two Deuter's, which are phenomenal in their own right.

If its not obvious, I am a gear head.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 86
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Did yours come with a pencil and score card holder? I've heard there to implement it very soon. I know the intial 60 or whaterver did not have them. I'm holding out till they put it into production. I too, would love to see pictures as well.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonnagal View Post
Did yours come with a pencil and score card holder? I've heard there to implement it very soon. I know the intial 60 or whaterver did not have them. I'm holding out till they put it into production. I too, would love to see pictures as well.
That is a good question and I have not found a pencil and scorecard holder yet. I thought it was a bit of an oversight, but there are plenty of places to stash that stuff anyway.

One big improvement over the first run is the rain fly, which now has 2 female buckles so you can lock it down and it covers the putter pocket as wel as the main compartment
Old 07-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 86
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumber View Post
That is a good question and I have not found a pencil and scorecard holder yet. I thought it was a bit of an oversight, but there are plenty of places to stash that stuff anyway.

One big improvement over the first run is the rain fly, which now has 2 female buckles so you can lock it down and it covers the putter pocket as wel as the main compartment
I'm asking for a bday present from my family (September). I hope I get one. Is it everything the youtube video says it is. I know pictures are worth a thousand words, but you actually have one. I know you explained the yoke system earlier. Even fully loaded does it feel really light? I'm looking to upgrade my GB Kong, which I absolutely love, it feels so good on my back it's not even funny. So I can only imagine how the Mahal feels.

Edit: I did read that they we're chainging the rain fly to make it stay in place. If it's as waterproof as they say it is, especially with the umberla holder, I'll be as excited as a pig in slop if I get one.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

The harness and yoke system is world class. Once you set the bag up properly (which takes 2 people) it is unbelievable comfort. It rides nice and high, like a good bag should. It is just really comfortable and with even more weight than I normally carried in my Innova bag, it felt very light and tight.

The waist strap will be good for deadwalks, but not likely used while on a hole. The straps are solid and hug your body beautifully.

I really can't say enough good things about these bags.

I suppose there is a reason this company builds the bags the US Special Forces use in the sandbox.

Haven't figured out where a hydration system would be worked into it yet, but haven't had much time. I am playing a best disc doubles tourney this weekend at a Par 66 course outside of Ottawa. It will be a good test.

Pics once I get home.