Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've only had my grip for 3 weeks (maybe 2?) and initially I had buyers remorse over buying a $230 (with tax at my local shop) bag... but that went away after playing 2 or 3 rounds with it. There's just so many things right with this bag that I don't know if I could go back to something else.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 38
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Depends? If you carry less than 22 discs total (19 in the main and 3 in the putter) than the answer is yes! If you carry more than that. I would look at the Golf Mahal or the Prodiscus bag.
The Grip is one of the best designed bags I've owned. It is well thought out, from the pencil holders to the mini pocket. The only neg. is the storage on the sides is OK, but small. The pouch up top will hold a decent amout of stuff though. Other than that, I really can't think of any other negatives about the bag. The quality is excellent as well, but this is were the Golf Mahal excells hands down. If you could find a bag with a Grip design and the materials of the Mahal. It would be as close to perfect as you can get.
Can't speak for the Prodiscus yet. I have one on the way, but I'm worried about it's durability since it's made with nylon and not Cordura.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:37 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 58
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat. I also don't wanna be that guy with a $200 bag that is on the last card....

I've yet to be on the last card, but I don't wanna be that guy just the same.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 PM

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 13
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHAFNER View Post
I'm in the same boat. I also don't wanna be that guy with a $200 bag that is on the last card....

I've yet to be on the last card, but I don't wanna be that guy just the same.
To be completely honest, I'd have to admit that I usually wind up on the bottom card. but I figure, hey, it may have cost me $200, but I'm comfortable...
Old 11-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 28
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I love mine! Not an ounce of regret!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

I had a first run and a second run grip. Grip is an awesome bag however I traded it for a mystery ranch golf mahal. The mahal answers my two gripes with the grip. The storage space for those days when you start off and it's cold but by mid round it is too hot for a coat. I ended up wearing my coat around my waist. Second there was no room for adult beverages and water as well.
The mahal is also top notch materials and actually is the same size as the grip with the pockets sucked in. The only thing I really miss about the grip is the way it carried a stool best design hands down for that aspect. It is really around how you will use it. Awesome bag! Just did not fit my needs.
Gary
Old 11-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have played 5 rounds since getting mine a week ago. My back feels better for sure. I love all the pockets and I know they will come in handy for tournament play. I know when this bag has had it ill get another!
Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to whiplash

Best money I ever spent. Get one, your back will thank you.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:15 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you wanna save your back, Go Kart! Then your can make your own bag or stick one in there for ALMOST the same price. I picked one up used, Best thing ever. No carrying anything and its a chair with a back right with you.

But the grip is definitely nice, AND it comes with a lifetime warranty so its technically the last bag you'll ever need to buy. If it fails you get a new one. Period.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:59 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 26
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to bdodson

i want a summer bag and a winter bag. the winter bag will be bigger and have more room for clothes for me and my boys. THe Grip bag will not be my main winter bag.

For summer i have been trying a grip and a voodoo mojo. Grip wins hands down. I carry too many discs for the mojo and they fit well in the grip. THe pocket space is not a big deal and I like Grip's pocket system better. i was concerned about room for sweatshirts for windy days we have had lately but i hook them to the outside of the bag instead of cramming them in a pocket.

i have a large huklab umbrella and it does not fit well in the GRIP, but it doesnt fit in any other bag either. The grip bag carries and rides much nicer than the mojo and it looks awesome too. that being said i will be selling/trading my mojo because I don't need it.

Last edited by bdodson; 11-19-2012 at 03:01 AM.