Par Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 20 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Tern. The end.
Are my experiences with the champ tern pretty standard? I'm wondering if a more OS tern exists in the event one would want to cycle them.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2017, 11:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 42
Niced 242 Times in 177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
Are my experiences with the champ tern pretty standard? I'm wondering if a more OS tern exists in the event one would want to cycle them.
I didn't realize I had already posted lol. Ignore me.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:05 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 102 Times in 90 Posts

Quote:
Typically the domey Champs are more OS than the flat ones but that is common in glidey/understable molds.
For OS discs the opposite is true flatter discs are more OS.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:08 AM
Par Member

Niced 21 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:

Champion Glow Terns are great, but I really like the DDX. It's a Tern with the Discmania top. Feels like a Tern, flips up with a gentle turn and a reliable, forward fade. Has the signature Tern glide. C-Line is perfect and S-Line flies pretty similar to a Champion Tern. They both bomb. However, they do not hold up in a stiff headwind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2017, 12:11 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 22
Niced 20 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketSand View Post
Champion Glow Terns are great, but I really like the DDX. It's a Tern with the Discmania top. Feels like a Tern, flips up with a gentle turn and a reliable, forward fade. Has the signature Tern glide. C-Line is perfect and S-Line flies pretty similar to a Champion Tern. They both bomb. However, they do not hold up in a stiff headwind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's kinda what I was thinking and why one would probably not cycle them. I had a S-line DDX a while back that I traded but I've gained a bit of distance since then. May have to revisit.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:11 AM
Par Member

Niced 21 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
That's kinda what I was thinking and why one would probably not cycle them. I had a S-line DDX a while back that I traded but I've gained a bit of distance since then. May have to revisit.

As much as I love the DDx, I find myself using my Wraiths or my Terns much more often. I always keep one high PLH S-Line DDx in the bag though for that in-between slot of my Terns and Wraiths. I'm a mold minimalist and in my head it's acceptable to keep the DDx in the bag because it's a Tern-X or Tern Pro or Tern OS or whatever you want to say.

It's certainly worth picking up again.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 117
Niced 193 Times in 149 Posts

Nothing wrong with Wraiths. Enjoy.

I have a 175 Champ Tern that's somewhat similar to yours, so I'm not surprised. It seems to be a bit more sensitive to poor form or OAT, but it is definitely NOT flippy. Tends to do better for me in a headwind as well, at least when compared to slightly slower discs like a Beast. If you're looking for a more overstable variation, I'll just echo the DDx suggestion. I haven't thrown one, but "more overstable Tern" seems to be the sales pitch. Part of the reason I haven't tried one, though, is that my champion does the job just fine.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-25-2017, 02:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 78
Niced 129 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Tour Series Hannah Leatherman star terns. Those are better than a DDx in my opinion.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 638 Times in 448 Posts

I feel that the Wraiths are just going to be more consistent overall, and in different conditions. Nothing wrong with having a Tern and/or Shryke in the bag for bomber situations, but I think a variety of stabilities with less punishment on small errors is a little easier with the Wraiths.

Do you notice much distance difference between the Wraiths and Trespass? Also the Gstar Destroyer is right in this stability range as well if you are ok with that plastic...the domey ones bomb.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 8
Niced 555 Times in 445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Tern. The end.
Pretty much my sentiment. I'm pairing a Champion Shryke with my Star Tern... the C-Shryke for when the wind is beating my face and for downhill bombs (and yes, it bombs in those conditions, even for noodle-armed me); and the Star Tern for tailwinds and calm conditions. I'm getting the most consistent long distance with the Tern.