Old 07-22-2017, 04:17 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Ghost VS Roc3 & plastic help

Hi

How is Ghost VS Roc3?

If I'm going to buy 2-3 ghosts, what plastics should I buy?

In our stores in Sweden, only Excel, Gravity, Icon and Pinnacle are available.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2017, 04:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 83
Niced 309 Times in 208 Posts

Ghost is basically a Roc. A Roc3 is a little flatter and a touch faster. I prefer the Ghost but the difference between them is not huge. I like the Legacy plastic better is what it comes down to for me. Gravity plastic is incredible for cycling and they mold up with just a slight dome and great grip. Get a Pinnacle for your OS bookend and a couple Gravity Ghosts and you'll be loving life. Most of the yellow and white gravities I've felt are a touch stiffer than some of the other colors. If you prefer a stiffer KC Pro like plastic then Protoge is it but I guess they don't have that at your shops in Sweeden. Excel is ok its like a stiff Dx but I find it to be too slick. Icon starts out about as stable as a gravity (less OS than pinnacle) and is flexy and tacky and stays basically stable for quite a while. If you want to cycle, Pinnacle and Gravity is the way to go, imho.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:08 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Big thanks !

Ordered 2 gravity and 1 pinnacle.

For approach, DD Warden and 2 x Westside Harps.

Puttning: DD Warden

What to choose if you want to go all in Legacy in putting-line aswell?
Old 07-22-2017, 05:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 83
Niced 309 Times in 208 Posts

Keep your Harps! Legacy doesn't make anything like it (yet). I'm sure you know that. There's also not really anything else like a Warden either but the Clutch is probably the closest thing to it. The Clutch is a slightly tweaked Magnet. It's a really straight putter with decent glide and they make fantastic straight line with zero fade throwers off the tee one they wear in a bit. Again plastic preference depends on your putting style. I like protoge for the stiffnes (push putting) but when the temps drop (I live in Seattle) I like Gravity for the extra grip. The Hunter could be an option too but I've never thrown one. It looks basically like a beadless Aviar P&A.

I think it's great that you are getting onto the Legacy tip in Sweeden. That's great! There's a lot to love about their discs. Play with confidence!
Old 07-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 21 Times in 18 Posts

Ghosts are awesome; Rocs in sweeter plastic! Dupree pretty much nailed it already though. White Gravities are money, Protege is a consistently amazing KC Pro, and Pinnacle is great for some extra stability and less glide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Old 07-25-2017, 09:47 AM

Courses Played: 9
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by august dupree View Post
Ghost is basically a Roc. A Roc3 is a little flatter and a touch faster. I prefer the Ghost but the difference between them is not huge. I like the Legacy plastic better is what it comes down to for me. Gravity plastic is incredible for cycling and they mold up with just a slight dome and great grip. Get a Pinnacle for your OS bookend and a couple Gravity Ghosts and you'll be loving life. Most of the yellow and white gravities I've felt are a touch stiffer than some of the other colors. If you prefer a stiffer KC Pro like plastic then Protoge is it but I guess they don't have that at your shops in Sweeden. Excel is ok its like a stiff Dx but I find it to be too slick. Icon starts out about as stable as a gravity (less OS than pinnacle) and is flexy and tacky and stays basically stable for quite a while. If you want to cycle, Pinnacle and Gravity is the way to go, imho.
First off the Pinnacle/Gravity is spot on. Great range of shots out of the box with zero break in required.

My Icon has a super dome and is a meathook. It is on par for OS with my Pinnacle. I carry it in my big bag for OS with a Protege and Gravity to cover the mid spectrum.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:46 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 21 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by recurve99 View Post
First off the Pinnacle/Gravity is spot on. Great range of shots out of the box with zero break in required.

My Icon has a super dome and is a meathook. It is on par for OS with my Pinnacle. I carry it in my big bag for OS with a Protege and Gravity to cover the mid spectrum.

Every Icon I've ever seen/owned has mega dome. They have less glide then you'd think. Definitely more stable than any other Ghost, though I've never thrown a Legend. Do you find yourself reaching for your Icon very often, or do you tend to just power down a driver or throw the Pinnacle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2017, 06:25 PM

Courses Played: 9
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketSand View Post
Every Icon I've ever seen/owned has mega dome. They have less glide then you'd think. Definitely more stable than any other Ghost, though I've never thrown a Legend. Do you find yourself reaching for your Icon very often, or do you tend to just power down a driver or throw the Pinnacle?
My Pinnacle lives in my car bag right now so it isn't an option. If I need a straighter I go to my Protoge or my beat Gravity. Icon is for wind/fade only.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 263 Times in 188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHedvin View Post
Big thanks !

Ordered 2 gravity and 1 pinnacle.

For approach, DD Warden and 2 x Westside Harps.

Puttning: DD Warden

What to choose if you want to go all in Legacy in putting-line aswell?
Some of the Legacy boys tell me an overstable putter is in the works as well as a Buzzz OS type mid, FYI.

Hunter will be the closest in feel to a Warden.

Niced: (1)