Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 12-10-2018, 04:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 497 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Yeah it just has a really perfect balance for me. The combination of low glide, low speed and super direct flight just flat out fits my style to a T. The fact that the subtle thumb groove and chalkpit plastic jive perfectly with my grip is just a bonus. I am really looking forward to trying all the plastic variations now, what a great disc.
So it sounds like you're pretty new to this disc? How did you find out about it?

I thankfully heard about it pretty much AS it was released - I was introduced to the SCALE first - then decided to try the Serpent - and really haven't used the Scale much anymore (though very similar to the Scale is the Element Iridium which is a gateway Warlock with the same RDG top) its OS and really nice in windy approaches - but yeah the First Run SERPS were I think all white fossil and they are rigid hard and pretty darn stable - I have 4 of those - then they ran some black ones in a slightly softer feel, still rigid but break in a lil better - I have about 5 of those 2 broken in that actually get a lil flip and ride. then the most recent I got were the swirly erasers that are the softest but seem to be the most comfy to hold and throw and look great. all in all its a super straight with slight fade disc - and totally worth getting a few
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-10-2018, 04:34 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 421 Times in 190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
So it sounds like you're pretty new to this disc? How did you find out about it?

I thankfully heard about it pretty much AS it was released - I was introduced to the SCALE first - then decided to try the Serpent - and really haven't used the Scale much anymore (though very similar to the Scale is the Element Iridium which is a gateway Warlock with the same RDG top) its OS and really nice in windy approaches - but yeah the First Run SERPS were I think all white fossil and they are rigid hard and pretty darn stable - I have 4 of those - then they ran some black ones in a slightly softer feel, still rigid but break in a lil better - I have about 5 of those 2 broken in that actually get a lil flip and ride. then the most recent I got were the swirly erasers that are the softest but seem to be the most comfy to hold and throw and look great. all in all its a super straight with slight fade disc - and totally worth getting a few

Yes I am completely new to this disc. I found it because I *gasp* putt with a Birdie most often and love slow, straight discs but the Birdie rim gave me occasional regrets. I asked a while back about brick style putters and got several reccs for the serpent so I started looking. Posted on a dg sale page looking for cool serps and ended up being shown an armor scale mixed in and had to have it, threw it a dozen times and LOVED how it flew. Now I REALLY had to have a serp to compliment it, as I loved the subtle thumbtrack and ended up finding some blue first run chalk pits recently. Trigger was pulled and here I am, love at first flight. Id still love to find a tar pit serp but will definitely be picking up the fossil, FF and other variations along the way. This disc is a game changer for me and I am hooked.

Old 12-10-2018, 04:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Yes I am completely new to this disc. I found it because I *gasp* putt with a Birdie most often and love slow, straight discs but the Birdie rim gave me occasional regrets. I asked a while back about brick style putters and got several reccs for the serpent so I started looking. Posted on a dg sale page looking for cool serps and ended up being shown an armor scale mixed in and had to have it, threw it a dozen times and LOVED how it flew. Now I REALLY had to have a serp to compliment it, as I loved the subtle thumbtrack and ended up finding some blue first run chalk pits recently. Trigger was pulled and here I am, love at first flight. Id still love to find a tar pit serp but will definitely be picking up the fossil, FF and other variations along the way. This disc is a game changer for me and I am hooked.
sweet - yeah I talk about it a lot - im a nerd about discs in general but this one stands out as unique - I will be doing a review on youtube soon - once the weather calls for it - I did one on the Element Iridium that's on youtube - basically im looking to do the same idea for the serp -

Old 12-10-2018, 05:00 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 421 Times in 190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
sweet - yeah I talk about it a lot - im a nerd about discs in general but this one stands out as unique - I will be doing a review on youtube soon - once the weather calls for it - I did one on the Element Iridium that's on youtube - basically im looking to do the same idea for the serp -

Everyone Ive let throw it so far took one toss and was like Yep. Buying that! Haha

Old 12-10-2018, 05:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Everyone Ive let throw it so far took one toss and was like Yep. Buying that! Haha
YEAH I've been trying to push it, especially since its a lesser known disc and kinda unique, but I think everyone could use one - its so much slower and lower glide that makes certain shots really easy - also REALLY great in the wind for putting. You'd typically think Wind = OS disc but really its just a slow low glide disc and it works great. I'll stop going on and on just glad someone else appreciates it like I do

Old 12-11-2018, 12:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 203 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
...as I loved the subtle thumbtrack and ended up finding some blue first run chalk pits recently. Trigger was pulled and here I am, love at first flight. I’d still love to find a tar pit serp but will definitely be picking up the fossil, FF and other variations along the way. This disc is a game changer for me and I am hooked.
Those blue first runs are $$$$