* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 533 Times in 272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
Ibex for glidy approach anhyzers.

Have not found a replacement so I changed the way I throw that shot.
I had an Ibex in my bag for that purpose as well. I replaced it with a seasoned Super Stingray which is also OOP. But I have a stack of backups and I think they are still produced for the factory store.

I am still throwing P-PDs and have a 3-4 backups. Not sure what I will replace it with... maybe a CD2.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,336 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynorwegian View Post
The pro-shop has max weights in pro, star, gstar, and champ right now.
Happy hunting.
If I can't get it standard online or walk in to a shop to get it, it's as good as OOP. No use in getting used to a specialty item that won't be rerun when they sell out at the pro shop.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,818 Times in 1,367 Posts

The Discraft Hornet was taken OOP, but I stocked up so I'm still using them. If I had to replace it, I'd probably use the Rat or I'd put the Zone and the Banshee back in the bag to bracket that range.

The Star SL being taken OOP was bad for me, but I'll forever be grateful to Valarie Jenkins Doss for her fourth World title and Innova subsequently coming out with Val SLs and factory second Star SLs coming out. Yes, I can use the pro SLs, but I really like the SLs in Star plastic.

And Echostar plastic in many different discs being taken OOP was disappointing to me. I again can (and do) substitute with Pro, but it's really not the same thing.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 48
Niced 729 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post

And Echostar plastic in many different discs being taken OOP was disappointing to me. I again can (and do) substitute with Pro, but it's really not the same thing.
I'm guessing that if one were to be presented with a stack of 100 Pro Terns, one could possibly find one that would fly like an Echo Star. So far, I have not seen one. I will not throw my two Echos anywhere near water. I guess I should just go ahead and buy all of the ones on eBay.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-04-2018, 11:47 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,818 Times in 1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I'm guessing that if one were to be presented with a stack of 100 Pro Terns, one could possibly find one that would fly like an Echo Star. So far, I have not seen one. I will not throw my two Echos anywhere near water. I guess I should just go ahead and buy all of the ones on eBay.
Don't blame you a bit for keeping yours away from water, where the disc golf gods often demand sacrifice (I lost a Mystere in the lake yesterday ).

And I wouldn't blame you for buying up as many EchoStar Terns that you can find. I collected a mini-stash of them, lost one to the lake, someone found it and gave it back to me (!), and now I keep them away from water.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 48
Niced 729 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Don't blame you a bit for keeping yours away from water, where the disc golf gods often demand sacrifice (I lost a Mystere in the lake yesterday ).

And I wouldn't blame you for buying up as many EchoStar Terns that you can find. I collected a mini-stash of them, lost one to the lake, someone found it and gave it back to me (!), and now I keep them away from water.
One course I play weekly has three over water shots. I carry two base plastic molds for those. Ever since I've done that, I play those holes much better. I am convinced it's because I throw knowing I really don't care if I lose the disc or not. The most surprising part of that is, no one else has copied me, and I see the pain on their faces when that favorite teebird goes sploosh.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 12
Niced 764 Times in 411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Disc Golf Values looked like they had some E* Terns in stock along with the E* Destroyers. Sadly, no Wraiths.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 85
Niced 221 Times in 111 Posts

Flash is really the only one I threw for years that is now OOP. I’m throwing a PD, a CD2 and a Nemesis where I used to carry 3 Flashes. That tells you a lot about how much variation the Flash used to have.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 162
Niced 1,389 Times in 821 Posts

im not sure i miss any disc that is oop tbh hornet might be the closest but i havent thrown one in 5 years the only reason i remembered it was because a previous comment mentioned it

Old 12-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 14 Times in 9 Posts

The old mold (x mold) Beasts. They went oop for 10 years and then came back, but they're not what they used to be. Fortunately I have an abundance of backups, we'll see how long that pearly plastic really lasts!!